CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
My beloved Samsung Series 9 laptop is on its last legs -- not because of Windows issues or a worn keyboard or anything like that, but because its nearly three-year-old battery can no longer hold a decent charge. At this point I'm lucky to get 2 hours of runtime.
If you know this kind of pain, you'll definitely want to enter today's contest. Four lucky winners will receive a ChargeTech portable power outlet, a mobile charger that's good not just for small gadgets like phones and tablets, but also for laptops!
Here's a rundown of the prizes, their charge capacities and approximate retail value (ARV):
- ChargeTech Ultra - 27,000mAh, $200
- ChargeTech Extra Large - 24,000mAh, $150
- ChargeTech Large - 18,000mAh, $115
- ChargeTech Small - 12,000mAh, $85
Needless to say, you want one of these. And you can quite possibly get one, just by answering one or both of these simple questions: If you won a ChargeTech charger, what would you charge with it? And if you could rename the product, what would you call it? (My vote: "The Plug Buddy!") Leave your answer(s) in the comments.
The complete rules, along with obligatory legalese, are below. Good luck!
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user by clicking Join CNET in the top-right corner of the page. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer one or both of these questions: "If you won a ChargeTech charger, what would you charge with it? And if you could rename the product, what would you call it?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Sunday, November 29, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- *Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 11/29/15. See rules for details.