Don't let the wave of game-related news in the last few days fool you: E3 2015 only "officially" kicked off today. Nintendo started the day with its pre-recorded Nintendo Direct Event, while publisher Square Enix followed it up with its first ever E3 press conference. And of course, with the E3 show floor now officially open, many of the biggest games we've only seen in trailers were finally playable.
- The Wii U version of classic shooter Star Fox was officially named as Star Fox Zero, and there's now a release window set for this hotly anticipated game.
- Some new games were announced, including Four Swords successor The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes for the 3DS and a new Animal Crossing-themed party game.
- Super Mario Maker -- which looks amazing -- is coming in September.
- Find all of our news from today's Nintendo Direct here!
Square Enix shows off
- Square started its first ever press conference with a preview of the insane-looking Just Cause 3.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 is getting Tangled, and we saw some new gameplay from this Disney-infused role-playing game.
- Find all of our news from today's Square Enix press conference here.
More on the biggest games of the show
- We tried out co-op in the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront. And yes, it is fun to take on AT-STs on Tatooine.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn -- one of the new games unveiled at last night's Sony press conference -- looks extremely promising.
- Sure, Dark Souls 3 looks like more Dark Souls. But that is in no way a bad thing.
- And here's some big news from the world of Fallout 4: Dogmeat is invincible.
And here are our top videos for today:
reading•E3 2015 Tuesday recap: The Last Guardian impresses, Nintendo shows off and Square goes RPG-heavy
Sep 20•Microsoft Minecraft update brings more players together
Jun 19•CNET Asks: Who has the best upcoming games?
Jun 19•Pokemon Go adds battles that actually make sense
Jun 18•E3 2017: The biggest unanswered questions