Dish's Voice Remote, announced back in January at CES in Las Vegas, is now a reality.
Available to Hopper 3 and customers for $30, the remote allows you to navigate, search and select programming using spoken commands. You can also change channels and record shows using your voice.
It's similar to voice remotes for the Amazon Fire TV and. But it's a little more sophisticated, acting as a universal remote and including a clickable touchpad with an illuminated numeric mode and back lighting.
The Voice Remote can control up to two IR devices (TV/AUX models). New and existing Hopper 3 and 4K Joey customers can purchase the Voice Remote by calling 1-800-333-DISH or visiting dish.com.
- Universal remote with learning capabilities
- Voice control, dual function touchpad and a RF4CE remote control finder
- Entire remote can be backlit
- Lasts 4-6 months on two AA batteries
- Small enough to easily fit in the palm of your hand: 5.59 by 2.25 by 1.02 inches