Don't let your kids fritter away their summer on mindless activities; it's time for some educational fun (emphasis on fun, of course), This week we're giving away Piper, a DIY electronics kit that helps teach kids engineering skills through the popular game Minecraft.
Piper first lets users build their own computer, and then a Minecraft adventure game teaches them programming. The kit helps children from kindergarten through 12th grade explore coding and electronics (safely, no soldering required) using wires, lights, switches, sensors and their very own Raspberry Pi 3.
So how do you win a Piper worth $299 to give some kids you know a hands-on boost in their STEM education? Please read the below rules carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Piper, for a total retail value of $299.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until July 25, 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (all caps for extra legality):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. DATA RATES MAY APPLY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, July 25, 2016. See official rules for details.
(And be sure to follow Crave on Twitter at @crave; some of our giveaways are now Twitter-based.)