Congratulations to Heidi M. of Sunnyside, N.Y., for winning three limited-edition "Game of Thrones" toy dragons in last week's giveaway. Baseball season is in full swing (go Giants; sorry, it had to be said), and that may be inspiring you to hit the field and chase those World Series dreams.
This week's prize, a SwingTracker swing analysis tool from Pittsburgh-based startup Diamond Kinetics, takes a high-tech approach to helping you do that.
The product involves a lightweight bat-mounted sensor that captures motion data and sends it via Bluetooth to a free mobile app (iOS-only for now, with Android said to be coming soon) that can be customized according to factors such as skill level and bat type.
The tool --at CES earlier this year -- measures each swing in 15 different ways, delivering data on points including speed, power and distance the bat travels in the hitting zone that can then be analyzed by players and coaches. The system works for right-handed, left-handed and switch hitters.
Normally, the SwingTracker would cost you $149.99, but this is your chance to score one for free. How? There are a few rules, so please put down your bat and read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Diamond Kinetics SwingTracker, with a retail value of $149.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until April 20, 12:00 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. DATA RATES MAY APPLY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, April 20, 2015. See official rules for details.
(And be sure to follow Crave on Twitter at @crave; some of our giveaways are now Twitter-based.)