Missed Comic-Con this year? Not to worry. We're bringing Comic-Con to you! My CNET colleagues Seth Rosenblatt and Nathan Bransford foraged the show floor for goods they knew Crave readers would covet, and came back loaded with such a giant stash that we're going with two Comic-Con giveaways this year (look for part 2 on Friday, August 9).
Round one of this awesome geek-fest includes a Hasbro 2-in-1 "Anakin to Darth Vader" action figure, not yet available in stores, that lets you re-create the moment when the Jedi hero becomes the evil Sith lord. For added "Star Wars" enjoyment, you'll get a limited-edition 8GB Chewbacca flash drive from Mimoco.
You'll of course score comics, including a copy of DC Comics' Batman (in Spanish!) and a signed copy of Valiant's Quantum and Woody.
And you'll get a hard-bound copy of the "Make Good Art" commencement address author delivered at Philadelphia's University of the Arts last year.
There's a baseball hat bearing the Giant Robot logo and a Black Sails bandana. Oh, it all comes wrapped in a super-colorful giant Warner Bros. Comic-Con bag. Did we mention the bag comes with a snapped-in removable red cape for all you superhero wannabes?
So how do you go about winning this swag bag worth approximately $125? There are a few rules, so please read 'em.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Comic-Con gift pack, with an approximate retail value of $125.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, July 29, 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, July 29, 2013.for details.