Bing bong, attention shoppers: Black Friday is back.
One day after the American holiday Thanksgiving is Black Friday, the day upon which US shops drop their prices as a last chance for shoppers to snatch up some savings before Christmas. The event has spread to these shores, and you don't have to join the rumble at the checkouts to get your hands on a bargain. Many shops are offering Black Friday deals online -- and we're rounding up the best tech deals we've seen right here, so keep checking back.
Many shops will be open and deals available online from 8am on Friday. We'll add more deals to this page as they're revealed.
A note of caution: deals may look tasty, but some of them will be discounts that have been offered before, while others may only have a limited amount of stock at that price -- and it's always worth checking a deal against the price on Amazon just in case. So take each deal with a pinch of salt and don't worry too much if you don't get the deal you want. Happy bargain-hunting!
Amazon is running Black Friday Week, during which a vast smorgasbord of stuff will be offered at a discount. That means a lot of "lightning deals" -- quickfire discounts with limited amounts of stock. If previous years are anything to go by, you have to be quick, and don't worry too much if a deal passes you by. If you pay for Amazon Prime you'll see each deal half an hour before the rest of the crowd. Deals so far include:
- Amazon has knocked a tenner off its Buy it for £69 today and you'll get a free £10 to spend on films and TV on Amazon's Instant Video service. streamer.
- A 32GB Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablet is down from £230 to £130 -- which means it's actually cheaper than the 16GB model!
Argos promises a huge sale on tech, toys, TVs and more. At the time of writing, the website has crashed.
- A Toshiba C50 Core i3 15-inch laptop is £250, a saving of £100.
- A pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones is down to £30, a whopping £70 saving.
- A 16GB iPad mini is £180, a saving of £20 over the Apple Store.
- A 40-inch Sony full HD TV is £300, a saving of £200.
- A PS 4 console with Little Big Planet and Minecraft, perfect for younger gamers, is £300.
- An Xbox One with Kinect sensor costs £370 with Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Dance Central and Shape Up.
Currys and PC World
Currys promises deals on cookers, TVs and tablets to washing machines, fridge freezers and speakers -- but the Website is so busy it's currently putting visitors in a queue. At the time of writing the wait is just under an hour.
PC World is part of the same company as Currys, and also promises quick-fire deals.
- An iMac or MacBook has £80 off, the total price depending on which one you go for.
EE says it will be offering 20 percent off all pay-as-you-go smart phones under £150 between 28 November and 1 December. That will bring the price of one of its cheapest phones, the , down to £56.
It will also be offering 20 percent off all 4G pay-as-you-go mobile Wi-Fi devices and 20 percent off all accessories.
As part of its commitment to being "Never Knowingly Undersold", John Lewis says it'll match the prices of every competitor. That means any deal you find anywhere you can also get from the folks at John Lewis -- as long as they have it in stock. It also has some specific deals, the best of which are:
- £100 off Apple MacBook Pro and MacBook Air laptops, including a 2-year warranty.
- £30 off 32GB and 16GB Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi tablets, also including a 2-year warranty.
- 20 percent off various Sennheiser and Yurbuds headphones with, you guessed it, a 2-year warranty.
Android app store Google Play is knocking 50 percent off a range of apps and games, including PhotoSuite 3 Pro, Jimi Guitar, Docs To Go Premium and Worms 2: Armageddon.
- An LG G Watch is one to watch out for as it's half price, down from £160 to £80 until 1 December.
- A Google Chromecast video streamer has £10 off until 5 December. That's a third off its usual (already pretty reasonable) price of £30.
Game has games, consoles and accessories on sale.
- A PlayStation 4 console with Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us Remastered and Destiny, with a 12-month subscription to PlayStation Plus costs just £399.
- An Xbox One console with Forza 5, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed: Unity costs £300.
Asda promises "earth-shattering prices" today and tomorrow, in store only.
- Beats Solo headphones cost £79.
- A 40-inch Polaroid TV costs £139.
- An Xbox 360 with Halo and Forza costs £99.
- On Saturday, a Nerf Hail-fire foam dart blaster is £20.
- On Saturday, an Archos Cobalt 7-inch Android tablet is £30.
- Also on Saturday, a 32-inch polaroid LED TV is £90.
Wallet-friendly gadget shop Maplin has a range of deals on products from metal detectors to telescopes.
- A Dyson DC35 Cordless Digital Slim vacuum cleaner is down £50 to £200.
- A Veho VSB-001-UK Azuro 50W Bluetooth soundbar with 30W subwoofer is just £50, a saving of £100.
- A Minelab CTX3030 metal detector saves you a whopping £400 as the price falls to £1,549.
- An Honestech VHS-to-DVD converter is down £30 to just £20.
- A Western Digital WD MyBook external hard drive packs 4TB of storage for £115.
Panasonic's double cashback lets you claim money off a new camera (after you've bought it). The amount varies by camera. The cashback offer lasts throughout the festive period, but the Black Friday double cashback deal is available until Monday.
Finlux has a bunch of deals on its already wallet-friendly televisions.
- A 48-inch 3D smart TV is down to £500 from £900.
- A 50-inch TV is down to £370, slashed from £600.
- A 39-inch full HD smart TV is £200, down from £340.
- A 55-inch full HD Smart TV is £5450, a saving of 42 per cent over the usual price of £950.
Dyson will offer a range of discounts over the next week or so.
- An AM05 Hot + Cool fan heater comes with a free DC56 handheld vacuum worth £200.
Some of the supermarket chain's deals are only available by going into one of 485 stores.
- A Blaupunkt 40-inch LED TV is slashed from £299 to £149 in Sainsbury's stores.
- A Russell Hobbs Purifry fryer, which was £150, is now just £50.
- A Sony Audio Tank speaker that was £200 is now £70.
- A 4GB Kindle Touch tablet, which was £60, is now £40.
- A Dyson DC24 Animal Vacuum, previously £320, is now £160.
Every little helps. Unless the website is down, as it was at the time of writing.
- An Xbox One with an extra controller and choice of game is on sale for a discount, the amount depending on which version you go for.
Carphone Warehouse is knocking money off pay-as-you-go, pay-monthly and SIM-free phones.
- The up-front cost of phones including the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 are cut when you sign up to a contract; so if you're looking for a new phone deal anyway now might be a good time to jump in.
- If you're due an upgrade, pay-as-you-go phones including the Nokia Lumia 530 and aging Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini have some money knocked off.
- An unlocked, SIM-free Sony Xperia X3 is down from £550 to £450.
- A Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit smartband is half price, down from £170 to £84.
Vodafone has some decent deals on four pay as you go phones until Monday.
- The is one of the best-looking smaller phones and it's going for £189.
- Last year's flagship from LG, the , is now £150.
- Nokia's runs Windows Phone, but it's 4G and is down to £79.
- Finally, the waterproof Sony Xperia M2 Aqua is £109.
Hot UK Deals
You can also get an overview of available discounts from fellow bargain hunters at Hot UK Deals.
PayPal is offering 20 percent off iTunes vouchers.
Nvidia is offering a 32GB Shield tablet with a free controller, the Green Box bundle of games and a subscription to the Nvidia Grid on-demand game streaming service, all for £299.
B&M wants to sell you a 42-inch full-HD smart TV for £300, a saving of £100.
An HP Slate 21 all-in-one PC-slash-tablet costs just £180 when you use the code BLACK6 at the checkout.
An HP Slate 7 VoiceTab Android tablet, SIM-free, is down to £100 with the code BLACK8.
Hughes is selling a Toshiba WT7-C-100 for £80.
Hive will warm you up with a £30 Amazon gift certificate when you order a Hive Active Heating smart thermostat system.
Harrods will help you go extreme to the max without maxing out your credit card by knocking 10 percent off a GoPro Hero 4, making the black version £333, the silver version £261 and the Hero Version £90. You have to pop into the famous London department store to get it.
Spotted any bumper Black Friday bargains? Let us know in the comments!