If you're looking for holiday shopping ideas, there are some products you can get only one place -- the Apple Store.
No, we're not talking about the iPhone. We're talking about some other third-party products like the $40 Play-Doh Touch Shape to Life Studio, the $179 Roli Blocks for music creation, and the $130 Lifeprint photo printer that lets you print Apple Live Photos, GIFs or Snapchats and then view the video using an iPhone app.
Apple has always offered third-party accessories in its stores that range from iPhone cases to speakers and other products that work with Apple-made devices. Its recent Apple Store redesign highlights some of those products even more than in the past, with "windows" showing off products like the Roli Blocks that pack a music studio into a simple 4-inch-by-4-inch touchpad.
In fiscal 2016, which ended September 24, Apple made $11.1 billion, or 5.2 percent of total revenue, from "other products," which includes Apple-branded and third-party accessories, as well as Apple TV, Apple Watch, Beats products and iPods. That was up 11 percent from the previous year.
Other third-party products sold exclusively by Apple include:
- Osmo Commerce Game Kit for iPad
- Ubtech Jimu Robot Meebot Kit
- Battle-Worn BB-8 Droid with Force Band by Sphero (comes with a collector's tin that's available only with this product at Apple)
- SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Gaming Controller
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip Pro Multifunction Camera Stand
- i.am+ BUTTONS Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- Ultimate Ears UE BOOM 2 Wireless Speaker (multicolor and black & gray)
- Parrot Swing and Flypad Minidrone (white)
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones in ultra violet
If you're looking for an Apple product you can't get anywhere else, there's always the new $299 coffee-table photo book "Designed by Apple in California." (If you want the mini version, it will set you back $199).
Check out our slideshow to see what gifts you can nab only at the Apple Store.