Today's show has Mountain Lions, MacBooks and Siri, oh my!
at Monday's WWDC keynote presentation. Here's a quick summary of what you need to know.
Apple's next mobile software, iOS 6, will bring a few changes this Fall, including:
- Video chatting on , so no more Wi-Fi restrictions.
- Apple is launching its own , called Flyover. It'll also have turn-by-turn directions, alert users to traffic issues and re-route accordingly. You can also ask Siri for directions.
- , and she'll soon be available on the iPad. She can answer more questions, such as how late a restaurant is open. In the next year, you'll also find Apple is also working with car manufacturers to let you use voice commands to Siri while driving. That'll come out over the next year.
- You'll see , such as using Siri to update a status. You could also pull in photos and calendar events from Facebook.
- Can't answer a call? Remind yourself to
- Hold calls with a Do Not Disturb mode.
- Use to organize your tickets and coupons into one app.
The iOS 6 changes are only for iPhone 3GS and newer models, as well as the second and third generation iPads. (Sorry original iPad, you're left behind this time.)
Apple also showed off upgrades to the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and a newthat's thinner with a Retina display.
Mac OS Xas a $20 upgrade through the Mac App Store. And among the updates is the , which lets users play real-time games between different Apple users -- even verus mobile iOS users.
Coming tomorrow: Some non-Apple news. iPromise.
What did you think about the news from WWDC? Your questions and comments can make it on the show. Use Tout to message Bridget with a 15 second video reply from your webcam or smartphone camera. Or, simply post a reply video to the CNET YouTube channel. You can also send an email.
reading•Apple shows smarter Siri, new MacBooks
Jul 20•MacOS Mojave beta broke Chrome's checkboxes. Here are two ways to bring them back
Jul 20•Apple Business Chat on iMessage: Everything you need to know
Jul 20•Apple Watch, Fitbit could be hit with Trump's tariffs on China-produced goods
Jul 20•Best phones with wireless charging: iPhone X, Galaxy S9, LG G7 and more