Apple has released a couple of updates for Safari that address a few stability and performance issues with the program, as well as increase the accuracy and relevance of the Top Sites results and Address autofill information.
The updates are between 29MB and 53MB, depending on the system you are using, and are available for Snow Leopard, Leopard, and Windows if you are using version Safari 5, and if you are using Tiger then an update is available for Safari 4.
Safari 5.0.3 (OS X 10.5.8 or later)
Safari 4.1.3 (OS X 10.4.11)
The update specifically mentions that the following items are addressed:
- More-accurate Top Hit results in the address field
- More-accurate results in Top Sites
- Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap Web page content
- More reliable pop-up blocking
- Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields on Netflix and Facebook
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari
Be sure you fully back up your system either by cloning it or using Time Machine so it can be restored if there is an issue with the update. You will be required to restart your computer for the update to take effect.