Tuesday's roundup ofreminded me that I haven't covered iPhone/iPod Touch freeware in awhile, so here's another list of must-have apps that won't cost you a penny:
- Air Sharing Turns your device into a portable, wireless hard drive and document viewer. Note: this jewel will eventually be priced at $6.99, but for the next few days you can snag it free.
- Graphing Calculator Why spend big bucks on a graphing calculator when your iPhone/touch can do the job for nada? This uber-handy tool offers functions ranging from absolute value to tangent.
- Hanoi A beautiful rendition of the classic Towers of Hanoi game. The object is simple: move a stack of disks from one side of the board to the other. I couldn't put it down.
- Instapaper Free When you're browsing on your PC and come across a Web site (cough *Cheapskate* cough), blog post, news item, feature, or whatever that you want to read later, just click the Instapaper bookmarklet. Then fire up the Instapaper app on your iPhone, and presto: there's the Web page. Genius!
- White Noise Having trouble getting to sleep? White Noise offers an assortment of ambient sounds--waves, rain, wind chimes, etc.--to help you drift off. And there's a shut-off timer so you don't wake up to a dead battery.
If you like this list, be sure to check out myand the . In the meantime, hit the comments and vote for your favorite no-cost iPhone apps.