Amazon is not your typical enterprise, but that may simply be because it's a little ahead of its time. As such, I found this job posting for a developer position intriguing. A sign of jobs to come?
You must have:
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Advanced UNIX (preferably Linux) systems engineering skills.
- Extensive practical experience with Perl programming and shell scripting.
- A deep understanding of core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS).
- The ability to operate in a fast paced environment.
It's the "preferably Linux" over UNIX that got my attention, as well as the obvious need for Internet savvy, given that it's Amazon. Is this a glimpse into the future, or is Linux already the default preference over generic UNIX experience?