The Brandon Belt) proved the S4 Active to be a little less rugged.went head-to-head with the rulers of the animal kingdom. The rugged phone did in fact hold its own against a 31-year-old African Bush elephant, which is pretty impressive... However, a tank full of dolphins and a baby giraffe (named after San Francisco Giants 1st baseman,
That being said, unless you swim with a school of dolphins in your backyard pool, or keep a towering 1300 lb. giraffe as a pet, the phone should be just fine. Fine, of course, after a little loving and perhaps a trip to the urgent care clinic for tortured gadgets.
If you'd like a chance to nurse the S4 Active back to health, here are the official rules:
- Register as a CNET user. Click the Join CNET link at the top of this page to start the registration process. If you're already registered, you don't need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. The comment can say anything you like -- funny, cute, mean (hopefully not mean), but we prefer entertaining. It doesn't really matter, but it's fun for everyone.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. Sorry. And most importantly:
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) tortured Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, originally worth $639.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 5 p.m. PT on September 27, 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. You have not yet won. Must be legal resident of one of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in your state of residence at date of entry into sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes ends at 5 p.m. PT on September 27, 2013. Seefor details.