We're happy to announce the return of our Always On tortured gadget sweepstakes! This time 'round, our severely beaten (but not entirely broken!) MacBook Pro 13-inch with Retina Display is up for grabs.
While it's not exactly "usable" as it stands now, the thing is a champion. After trying our absolute hardest to destroy it (i.e. dropping it out of a bulldozer, giving it a nice fountain shower, and smothering it with a 1,400-pound boulder), the fact that it even turns on makes it deserving of a new home. Preferably somewhere that's nowhere near a gravel yard...or heavy equipment of any kind.
So comment away, people. We're deeming the MBPr fixable. Here are the rules:
- Register as a CNET user. Click the Join CNET link at the top of this page to start the registration process. If you're already registered, you don't need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. The comment can say anything you like -- funny, cute, mean (hopefully not mean), but we prefer entertaining. It doesn't really matter, but it's fun for everyone.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. Sorry. And most importantly:
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) tortured MacBook Pro 13-inch with Retina Display, valued at $1,499.99 pretortured.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 9 a.m. PT on Monday, April 15, 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. You have not yet won. Must be legal resident of one of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in your state of residence at date of entry into sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes ends at 9 a.m. PT on April 15, 2013. Seefor details.