It's easy to spend hours watching YouTube videos about, well, pretty much anything. Using your mouse to adjust a setting isn't exactly slow, but in some cases, the keyboard shortcuts are much faster. Here is a list of the best YouTube keyboard shortcuts you should start using right now:
These shortcuts work when you open a new video, without needing to click anything in the player.
- J - Jump back 10 seconds.
- K - Toggles play/pause.
- L - Jump forward 10 seconds.
- M - Mutes the audio.
The following shortcuts may only work once you've clicked somewhere on the player (play, pause, volume, etc).
- Left/right arrows - Rewind or fast-forward 5 seconds.
- Up/down arrows - Volume control.
- Numerals 1 through 9 - Skip to 10%-90%, respectively.
- Home - Jump to start of video.
- End - Jump to end of video.
- F - Enter fullscreen mode.
- Esc - Exit fullscreen mode.
Do you have another shortcut to add to the list? Share it in the comments.