If you find yourself in a situation where you want to play some music, but you don't have a large stereo or Bluetooth speaker, then AmpMe could be the solution you're seeking. AmpMe lets you play music across multiple devices at once. Here's how to get started:
- Grab a copy of AmpMe for your Android or iOS device.
- Open the app, tap the Host a Party button, and you will be prompted to connect your SoundCloud account.
Note: Right now AmpMe only works with SoundCloud, but other services are likely to be added in the future.
- Choose from the tracks you like, musicians you follow, or search for something new, and the stream will begin.
- Share the four-digit code in AmpMe with nearby friends (read: within a few feet) using the app, and they'll hear the music you're streaming.
- If the sync drops, you can resync with the touch of a button in the app.
While the promotional video for AmpMe does show people using the app in remote places, you'll probably get the best results if all devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi. This helps prevent music sync issues that occur with different data speeds across mobile networks.
AmpMe isn't a replacement for a legitimate audio system, but if that's not available right now, at least everyone won't be straining to hear the music through one tiny device speaker.