If company's coming, or you just want to get cleaning theover with quickly, I'm here to help with a simple routine. A while back, I came up with a way to get my while I get ready in the morning. It can be used any time throughout the day, though.
Best of all, it's scrub-free and all you need are few simple steps and a few supplies stashed in a cabinet. Ready, set, clean!
Gather your bathroom cleaning supplies
What makes this cleaning routine so efficient is that I keep the cleaning supplies in my bathroom, ready to go. Under your bathroom sink or tucked in the linen closet, keep:
- Disinfectant wipes
- Toilet brush
- Scrub-free shower and tub cleaner (I like Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foam)
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- A mop with disposable cleaning pads (like a Swiffer)
Rubber gloves are optional, but here are three reasons you should use them.
How to clean your bathroom fast
Now that you have everything ready to go, you just need to work some cleaning tasks in with all the other things you do in the morning.
- Spray and soak: As soon as you walk into the bathroom, spray your tub or shower all over with cleaner. Let it soak in while you move onto the next step.
- Spray the toilet: Spray the inside of the toilet bowl with the tub cleanser (yes, it works on toilets, too), then wipe down the outside with disinfectant wipes.
- Wipe and rinse the shower: Next, wipe down the tub and/or shower with your sponge and rinse off the surfaces while you're waiting for the water to heat up for your shower or bath.
- Brush the toilet: After you get dressed, run the toilet brush around the toilet bowl a few times and flush.
- Clean the mirror: Before you brush your teeth, spray the mirror with cleaner. As you brush your teeth with one hand, wipe down the mirror with a paper towel with the other hand.
- Wipe the sink and counter: After you do your hair, shave or do your makeup, grab a disinfectant wipe and wipe down the sink, faucet and counter.
- Quick swipe across the floor: As you're about to leave the bathroom, give the floors a once-over with the mop and toss the cleaning pad.
Now, of course you will only need to clean your shower and/or tub once a week or so, but the other items in your bathroom that should be cleaned daily can easily be worked into your everyday routine. You can even follow these steps to quickly get your bathroom clean right before company comes over.
, and, no it's not the bathroom.