In most cases, you will never need to remove one of your Alexa devices from your account. At most, if you're having technical issues, you might need to factory data reset the device.
That said, if you plan on returning, selling your Alexa speaker or switching the Amazon account it's connected to, you'll want to remove it from your account entirely. Here's how to deregister your Alexa devices.
Remove Alexa devices from your account
To deregister one of the devices:
- Open the Alexa mobile app or go to alexa.amazon.com in a web browser.
- Click on Settings in the left side menu.
- Click on the name of the device you wish to deregister.
- For official hardware, you should see a Deregister button to the right of **Device is registered to: [your name]."
- Click Deregister and confirm the action.
Remove other Alexa devices from your account
To deregister another type of Alexa device:
- Go to amazon.com in a web browser and login.
- Hover over Accounts & Lists and click Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Click to open the Your Devices tab.
- To the left of each device is a ...* button.
- Click on this button for the device you wish to remove and click Deregsiter.
- Click Deregister again to confirm.
The device or emulator will be removed from your account. If you want to use it again in the future, you will need to reauthorize it with your Amazon account.