People with pets who love to jam out with their furry friends just got some help. On Wednesday, Spotify unveiled a way to create an algorithmically generated playlist to enjoy with your dog, cat, iguana, hamster or bird.
In a survey of 5,000 Spotify users worldwide who also have pets, 71% said they play music for their pets, and 8 in 10 said they believe their pets like music. Funny enough, only about half said they think their pet likes the same type of music that they do.
Here's how to use Spotify's new tool to create a personalized playlist for your pet.
1. Go to Pet Playlists on the Spotify website.
2. Pick your pet: Choose from a dog, cat, iguana, hamster or bird.
3. Select the traits that best describe your pet's personality, such as relaxed, energetic, shy or friendly. Spotify will sync those choices with your own taste in music.
4. Add your pet's name and a photo for the playlist cover.
5. Listen and share your playlist, using #SpotifyPets if you want to.