The iPhone and iPod Touch keyboard is very versatile, and many of its keys offer access to lists of special symbols or more, while tapping and holding one of the following keys for at least one second:
- .com when entering Web addresses in Mobile Safari to bring up options for .net, .edu and .org.
- . (period) when entering e-mail addresses in Mobile Mail to bring up the options for .net, .edu, .org and .com.
- " (double) or ' (single) quotes in the number and symbol keyboard to access alternative quotation characters.
- $ in the number and symbol keyboard to display alternative currency symbols.
- E, Y, U, I, O, A, S, L, Z, C, or N to display accented letters.
- ? or ! in the number and symbol keyboard to bring up the ¿ or ¡ symbols.
All the latest Apple news, featuring developments on the iPhone, iPad, Macbooks, OS X and much more.
Aug 23How Apple uses AI to make Siri sound more human
Aug 22iOS 11 vs. Android Oreo: Who's winning so far?
Aug 22You may want to unlock the iPhone 8 with your face, not finger
Aug 20iPhone 8? Why would Apple call it that?