has now been available for nearly two weeks ( ), and it has tons of to watch, including , a new and . As with , you'll be able to download Disney's cornucopia of titles to watch anytime you want, even when you don't have a reliable internet connection. Don't see a title you're looking for? when it's coming to Disney Plus.
Disney Plus is the brand's $7-per-month rival to Netflix and other media streaming platforms. With it, Disney wants to control the way it monetizes its massive catalog of titles, which includes roughly 500 movies and 7,500 TV episodes. Disney also wants to create original programming, following in the footsteps of Amazon, HBO, Netflix and other rivals. Here are some of the biggestthat come with the new streaming service. You've also got the option to bundle with Hulu and ESPN Plus for $13 per month.
What's unique about Disney Plus compared to all the rest is that it's the only one of its kind that makes its entire catalog of films and shows available for download, not just certain titles and episodes. Here's how to start watching your favorite Disney shows offline on iPhones ($699 at Amazon) and Android devices.
Download Disney Plus movies and shows
2. Open the app and sign in to or register for your Disney Plus account.
3. Select the title you'd like to watch offline. The app has you download over Wi-Fi by default, but you can go into the settings and also download over data if you prefer. This will count against any monthly data cap you may have.
4. Tap the Download icon -- it's shaped like a down-facing arrow.
Download times may vary, depending on your Wi-Fi or data network strength. As your title is downloading, you'll see a ring going around the download icon. Once the ring has fully circled, a checkmark icon replaces the download icon -- this means you can start watching the movie offline.
Where to find downloads
As with Netflix, Disney Plus stores all of your downloads in one place so you can start watching when you're offline.
1. In the Disney Plus app, select the Download icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. From there, you'll see everything you've downloaded. Disney doesn't apply an artificial limit to how much you download. You can download as many titles as your phone's storage space will allow.
How to delete a title from your downloads
After you've watched a movie and no longer need it taking up space on your phone, you can remove it from the downloads section.
1. Open the app and select the Download icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Find the movie you want to delete and tap the Checkmark icon, located to the right of the title.
3. Select Remove Download.
If you decide later that you want to watch again, you can always download your film or TV show again.
Want to know more about Disney Plus? Here's the, and if you decide the streaming service isn't for you.
Originally published earlier this month.