Facebook On This Day flashbacks are a great reminder of fun times gone by, but they can also be a shot to the heart. If you've had loved ones pass on, friendships die or relationships that are hard to look back on, flashbacks may be more painful than fun. The good new is you can filter the On This Day app to only remind you of the good times.
Filtering flashbacks on the app
Choosing exactly what you see on On This Day is pretty simple using the Facebook app.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper right corner (it looks like three parallel lines)
- Scroll down to Apps and tap on On This Day
- Tap on the Gear icon and choose Preferences
From there, choose people and dates you want to filter out. For example, the the anniversary of a failed relationship may be top on your filter list, as well as any mention of your ex.
Filtering on the desktop version
Filtering your flashbacks on the desktop version of Facebook is a little different than with the app version.
- On the Timeline page, type On This Day into the search bar
- Click on Visit
- Choose Preferences in the upper right corner
- Choose people and dates you want to filter and save
The Smartest Stuff: Innovators are thinking up new ways to make you -- and the world around you -- smarter.
Tech Enabled: CNET chronicles tech's role in providing new kinds of accessibility.