I've been bummed. For months, our amazing Tech Today app -- which gives you CNET's ten top stories with one tap -- was only available on iPhone. (I'm an Android guy.)
But today, thanks to the magic of progressive Web apps (it's a long story), I can get the same exact content on my Android home screen too.
(Yes, this is a shameless plug, but I really love Tech Today. #sorrynotsorry)
- Go to cnet.com/techtoday in your Chrome mobile browser . (Or just tap the link.)
- Swipe up, down, left, right to verify that you, in fact, love it as much as I do.
- Tap the three little dots in the upper-right hand corner to summon the menu.
- Choose "Add to Home screen."
- Give your app shortcut a name, then hit Add.
- Voilà! You should have a handy new app on your home screen to summon Tech Today anytime you want.
And yep, that same trick works for any other website, too. Like CNET.com, for instance.