Now that it's Election Day, Alexa is here to keep you up-to-date on the results.
Here's how you can use Alexa to gather information on the candidates, stay on top of the latest news, and follow the results in real time.
To keep up with the daily happenings as the official election day draws near, you can ask Alexa a few different questions:
- "Alexa, what's the latest with the election?"
- "Alexa, what's the latest on Hillary Clinton?"
- "Alexa, what's the latest with Donald Trump?"
- "Alexa, who is leading in the presidential polls?"
- "Alexa, who won the debate?"
You can't get too crazy with your questions, unfortunately. And you can't ask about the candidates' stances on different topics. There is a skill available called Share The Facts, but without knowing exactly what questions to ask, the results seem a tad random and not very helpful.
When election day finally comes around, Alexa will be able to keep you up to date on everything as it happens. You can ask who is winning the election, how many electoral votes a candidate has, who's leading the popular vote, and much more.
Here are some commands that will be available on November 8:
- "Alexa, which states has Trump won?"
- "Alexa, which states are Clinton projected to win?"
- "Alexa, how many electoral votes does Trump have?"
- "Alexa, what percent of the popular votes does Hillary have?"
- "Alexa, who won [state]?"
- "Alexa, who is winning in [state]?"
- "Alexa, what are the election results?"
- "Alexa, what are the election results for [district name]?"
"Alexa, who are you voting for?"
If this entire election has got you feeling down or confused, don't worry. You're not alone. But Alexa can help make light of the situation. Just ask her to tell you a joke about one of the candidates, or ask her who she's voting for. Say something like:
- "Alexa, tell me a joke about Hillary Clinton."
- "Alexa, tell me a joke about Donald Trump."
- "Alexa, who are you voting for?"