At Amazon's Thursday event in Seattle, we saw a , an input device to and an for just $60. But that's just the beginning -- scroll down for a running list of everything Amazon announced.
Affiliate disclosure: CNET earns commissions from the products featured on this page.
- $50 (£50, AU$79), but it has a refreshed mesh design. Preorders begin today.
(redesigned): It's still
- $35 (£35). Australian pricing is not yet available.
: Connect the new Echo Input to a dumb speaker to make it smart. The Input costs
- $130 (£120, AU$199) subwoofer to improve audio, including capabilities for .
: Amazon unveils a
- $300 Amp gives you a built-in amplifier, and the $200 Link gives you control over your current AV receiver. UK and Australian pricing are not yet available. : The
- $150 Echo Plus (£140, AU$229) adds a temperature sensor and a new fabric design, similar to the new Echo Dot.
(redesigned): The new
- $25 (£25). It's available for preorder today, and starts shipping in October. Australian pricing is not yet available.
: Amazon introduced its first smart plug for
- $60 Basics Microwave is Alexa-enabled (but doesn't have a built-in Alexa speaker) with integrated Dash replenishment. UK and Australian availability are TBA.
: A $30 wall clock is coming soon too, and it works with Alexa speakers. No UK or Australian details yet.
- $180 and are available for preorder now. The Stick Up Cam Wired will ship starting Oct. 18 and the Battery version will ship in December. UK and Australian availability is TBA.
: Ring's all-new Stick Up Cam costs
- $230 (£220, AU$349), but it has an improved design. (redesigned): There's a new Echo Show too. You can preorder it today and it ships in October. The price stays put at
- $230. US only. : The Fire TV Recast separates recording and viewing so you can choose where you put your antenna. It starts at
- $25. Also US only. : This device puts a small Alexa device in your car. It costs $50, but the early invite price is just
: Alexa will talk quietly, for example if your child is asleep.
: Routines come to the Echo Dot Kids Edition.
- : Brings multiroom audio to third-party speakers. Amazon's own speakers already offer this feature.
: Amazon's new machine learning software is supposed to make suggestions about your smart home. Are you going to sleep? Hunches might ask if you want to lock your front door.
- : Connect two Alexa smart speakers to create a stereo pair.
- Alexa Connect Kit: This developer toolkit is designed to integrate into large appliances and other smart devices to sync with Amazon's cloud service.
- : Let Alexa share your Wi-Fi details with smart home devices.
: With Alexa Guard, you should be able to use your existing Amazon smart speakers to "arm" your home's security. At launch, Amazon is partnering with ADT and Ring, which earlier in 2018.
- Alexa doorbell API: If someone rings your Ring smart doorbell, it should show up on your
- Smart Screen SDK: Give "anything with a display" Echo Show capabilities with the software developer kit.
- : Turn on your lights when you're close to home.
Amazon Echo event live blog: All the news as it happened.
Originally published Sept. 8.
Update, Sept. 20: Updated multiple times throughout the day as the event unfolded.