The FBI and other US federal agencies on Monday issued a warning about scams related to offering the COVID-19 vaccine to people, usually for a downpayment or for their medical and personal details.
It follows a year ofscams that have while .
Some of the vaccine scams the FBI warned of include:
- Ads offering early access to the vaccine at a fee
- Requests asking people to pay to put their name on a vaccine waitlist
- Offers to have doses of the vaccine shipped to you for a fee
- Emails or phone calls from someone claiming to be at a vaccine center, medical office or insurance company asking for personal and medical details to see if you're eligible to obtain the vaccine
- Ads for vaccines on social media, online, email or phone calls from any unknown source
- Emails or phone calls claiming to be from the government saying you must receive the vaccine
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.