Video Cameras forum

General discussion

ZR 500 Extended Battery

by Kocrachon1 / November 20, 2006 11:41 AM PST

Ok, I am trying to find an extended battery for my Cannon ZR 500, problem is, is that every website I go to, doesn't tell me how long the battery life is, for example....http://www.atbatt.com/product/5157.asp

I have searched EVERY where for the BP-2L12 info, and nothing tells me its life, as well as any other battery life span.

Can anyone help me find a relatively cheap long lasting battery for the ZR500, I want anywhere from an hour of recording to 2000 if possible, but the best price will definitely be my choice. Also preferably 2 hours of recording, but again, I may just buy two one hours batteries if need be depending on price.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ZR 500 Extended Battery
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ZR 500 Extended Battery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's how to estimate it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2006 11:50 AM PST

Look at your current battery. Let's say it's 700mAH and you get 60 minutes. If you can find a 1400mAH battery you should get 120 minutes.

Got it?

Bob

Collapse -
You will need to do the math.
by Kiddpeat / November 20, 2006 12:12 PM PST

The B&H website says that your camera's specs are:

Power Consumption Camcorder: 2.4 Watts (using viewfinder); 2.5 Watts (using LCD screen in normal brightness)
Power adapter: 17 Watts

It is rare to see anyone provide a number on how long a battery will last. However, you should be able to estimate it. B&H has a 1500mah battery for this camera.

Collapse -
Be cautious of cheap batteries...
by boya84 / November 20, 2006 1:12 PM PST

remember that if made poorly, they can overheat (and catch fire or explode)...

I happen to like shopping at Fry's Electronics brick and mortar stores... No, I don't work there, nor do I know anyone who does other than the sales people who help me... Is this affordable? (+ <$5 for shipping ground in the US):
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4142993?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Collapse -
got it
by Kocrachon1 / November 20, 2006 1:30 PM PST

that is actually where I just got it from, and I found out that my instruction book actually has a list of the batteries and their estimated times =P

But thats the exact battery I got so it will do for what I need. Thanks for the help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.