Mac OS forum

General discussion

zoom command only works sometime

by doris boris / May 19, 2010 10:57 AM PDT

My computer is a mac OS X version 10.6.3. I've noticed that my command+ shortcut to 'zoom in' doesn't always work. If I'm playing scrabble on facebook, it NEVER works. I have to go into VIEW, ZOOM IN, and then it works. And even after I do that, it randomly zooms out. Could this be a glitch in facebook scrabble? I think this problem has happened in other applications as well. Shouldn't the command+ shortcut always work? Please help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: zoom command only works sometime
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: zoom command only works sometime
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would guess
by Jimmy Greystone / May 19, 2010 11:50 AM PDT

I would guess that the Facebook scrabble is Flash based. I don't really get the point of social network sites, so I have no direct knowledge of what the various Facebook games are, I'm just basing it on some assumptions made from what I know about how several other sites do similar things.

If that's the case, then it's likely some bug in either Safari or Flash, maybe some kind of unintended interaction between the two. Given that Jobs has been pretty vocal about his dislike of Flash, I can't see that this is going to be a high priority to fix. But since Flash craplets are basically a whole different kind of beast from your bog standard web page, things may not always work as expected when they are involved. Not much you can do but try some of the other browsers out there like Firefox and Chrome.

Collapse -
thank you
by doris boris / May 19, 2010 1:04 PM PDT
In reply to: I would guess

thanks for your insight. i currently access through firefox, but I'll try safari.

Collapse -
Im having a similar problem, but it happens all the time.
by Derek6193 / May 4, 2015 8:15 PM PDT

I find the text on most things on the internet to be too small, so I have to zoom in on almost every page i use. but my macbook pro, automatically zooms back out again randomly. It can happen as soon as a minute after zooming in, or it might not zoom back out for a couple of hours, but it will zoom back out by itself. guaranteed. why does it do this? it is very frustrating to have to keep zooming in all the time. it doesn't seem to matter what OS I am using, I am running Yosemite now, this is my third OS on it, and it has done it with all of them.

I am asking this here because CNET does not seem to allow me to post a question of my own.

Collapse -
If you can post here, then you can create
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / May 4, 2015 9:28 PM PDT

your own thread.

Try creating your own thread, you must be logged in to do it, and ask the question again.

Meanwhile, what have you done so far in the way of trouble shooting?

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?