Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Zone Alarm Pro upgrade 60.667.000

by Alan Copeland / September 9, 2005 9:54 PM PDT

I had a pop-up from ZA announcing a new upgrade, 60.667.000. They recommend clean install for this one, which menas going through all the gyrations all over again. I am going to hide and watch for awhile on this one.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Zone Alarm Pro upgrade 60.667.000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Zone Alarm Pro upgrade 60.667.000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That came out on the 6th Alan and as of YET
by roddy32 / September 9, 2005 10:22 PM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks Roddy
by Alan Copeland / September 9, 2005 10:28 PM PDT

I remember seeing it now. Seems to fix a lot of issues that have no bearing on me, but if I don't do the upgrade, what happens when I try to do the next one, or are they cumulative?

Collapse -
Some of them are new
by roddy32 / September 9, 2005 10:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Roddy

versions and some are just updates. If they are telling you that you should do a clean install, then this must be a new version and not just an update. A new version would be cumulative where an update probably would not be but that is just an assumption. If the version that you have is working OK, I see no reason that waiting for a few days to see if there are any issues would hurt anything. This is NOT a security update so it's NOT an emergency. When you DO decide to do it, I would follow their advice and do a clean install though. I am also assuming that this new version is fixing some of the issues that a lot of users were experiencing from the last new version which wasn't very long ago.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!