What is your operating system? Most likely you can use free applications to remove the malware, but not all tools work on all operating systems.
If you are using Windows XP, for zlob, see this post regarding SmitfraudFix:
Then follow with Super Anti-Spyware:
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware
It is free for Home Users
If that site is not available, here is an alternate download site:
* Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe to install and use the default settings for installation.
* Run SUPERAntiSypware and update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates"
Note: If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from:
* When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
* There are three scanning options available. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
* When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Place a checkmark next to items you wish to remove/quarantine and Click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete".
* Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* Select "Close" to exit the program.
You may have more "buried" than the scanners are seeing, so if those steps do not solve the problem, let us know.
I have spent 2 days searching the web and reading forums. I have bought latest Norton, downloaded adaware SE, have windows defender installed. Run all of these, each has found lists of problems and "removed" them but the problem comes straight back. Just downloaded pc tools spyware doctor, it now says it has found 14 threats and 360 infections..."buy now to fix these problems". This looks like a rip off, should I buy this software and will it remove zlob and all the buried infections? Other forums say that as they are hiding in files that are operating, they can only be removed manually through a highly techy,long process of searching in registry files etc: I don't know who or what to trust. Please help.