HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Zire72 and the Blue Cover

by yair01 / October 12, 2004 6:58 PM PDT

Hi
I've bought a Zire72 here in Israel from a local reseller "Harel Computers".
My Palm started to get it's Blue Cover pilled off.
I've opened a call at that reseller who said that PalmOne know about it and will not replace such Palm.
After a month that my palm was on the shelf at that reseller (when their SLA is 10days) I've got a new one back from them.
I've probably made a mistake by buying this Palm and not T3 ! ;-(

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Zire72 and the Blue Cover
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Zire72 and the Blue Cover
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Zire72 peeling PAINT
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 12, 2004 10:03 PM PDT

This just came to my attention and yes, it's a fairly new wrinkle to the PalmOne story.

Looks like they are not replacing such at the moment. It's likely you didn't have yours in a spiffy protector?

bob

Collapse -
Re: Zire72 peeling PAINT
by yair01 / October 18, 2004 10:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Zire72 peeling PAINT

an update:
I've got a new Palm back from Harel Computing.
Thanks Wink
BTW - It should be a new blue metirial w/o the peeling paint !

BUT - Do you realy think that not having it in a "spiffy" protector and only using the PalmOne case is a reasone for this to happend ?!?!

I think that PalmOne should back thier mistake and replace to all ...

Collapse -
It's another chapter in ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2004 11:00 PM PDT

"How to develop a product."

I'm sure PalmOne is not going out of their way on this one. And yes, I did hear some palmoid hint we should not expose them to abuse. Sorry, but I don't think what I've seen now to be abuse but just a mistake in the finish...

Glad to hear someone has received an exchange.

Bob

Collapse -
Zire72 Blue Paint Pealing
by RCFisher / January 6, 2005 11:08 PM PST

I am very disappointed in the quality of the blue paint finish used for the Zire72. My unit started to peel within 24 hours of use and continues to do so on a daily basis with very little use and always in a protective case when carrying the unit. Palm should recall all units and issue new ones to users who relied on the reputation of the company and its products when making purchasing decisions. I think that there is a class action litigation just waiting to happen here and I am certain that Palm knows of the product's poor performance and is unwilling to invest in the recall. If others feel the same, why not pursue some redress on this issue?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.