Phones forum

General discussion

Zire 72: More troubles then fun.

by fryingtomatoes / October 25, 2004 10:45 AM PDT

Let?s see...
I bought my zire 72 at the beginning of the school year hoping this would help me organize my everyday tasks. Which it has. But there are a lot of problems I have been having with it. For one thing the paint started chipping off slowly and finally I was fed up with it. I scratched off all of the paint. It did look like a nice metal but there was a little haziness on the metal which was the glue. So now there is a big ugly blobs all over my Zire from that crappy paint job. And I have had another problem with my zire. When I take smaller pictures lower then the highest size there is a couple of lines at the top of the picture. That is not cool. I think it just might have been from my carelessness, but I?m just not sure. Does anybody have this problem too? Please write back soon.

FrYiNg ToMaToEs(.com[hehe])

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Zire 72: More troubles then fun.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Zire 72: More troubles then fun.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Zire 72: More troubles then fun.
by Tammster / October 25, 2004 12:53 PM PDT

I don't really take pix with the camera too much (I have a digital camera) but the peeling paint is an issue with this Palm. Supposedly, the newest ones they're shipping do not do this. I called & they said that they will fix it for me, after I send it to them. There are other options, too... give them a call.

Collapse -
Goo Gone
by Major Bob / December 18, 2004 5:48 AM PST

Luckily, the blue has not peeled much off mine, but I certainly sympathize with you. For $300 that stuff ought to be permanent.

Try Goo Gone on the glue. It's a general purpose glue remover available at any hardware store. The usual caveat about trying it on a non-visible portion first apply. Try it at your own risk, but the stuff has never failed me. If my blue paint peels off, I'm going to use the Goo Gone.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.