i purchased the 'platinum cloud hosting' package from ziphosting and frankly was disappointed; especially after having bought domain names via ziphosting (which i never had a problem with)
i could only tolerate the lacklustre service for so long before going elsewhere
some of the problems i had with ziphosting included:
* being told parent paths weren't available (a common feature provided by other hosts)
* i was told it would cost $300 to restore a ms sql database backup (a 5 minute task)
* i submitted a support ticket to have permissions set on some folders. waited 3 days without hearing a word from ziphosting, then had to re-request the support
* i was then told that permissions had been set, they hadn't been
* asked again folder permissions be set, was ignored (never heard back from anyone)
to top it all off, after i cancelled my account due to poor service, ziphosting refused to give me a refund on the unused portion of my service (should i be surprised?)
Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!
CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!