This product is worthless, will cause you to have to manually rebuild your computer and the following is the response you will receive when you ask for your $119 back...
Attn: Internet fraud investigations
in the regard of the Order ID: 295811
1. Mr. xxx
2. Ms. yyy
collectively and separately referred to herein as "the Buyer"
=== without prejudice ===
1. The Buyer (xxxx@.com) has bought digital merchandise (email with software license key, download link and PDF User Guide and accompanied services), which belongs to the category "Digital Goods", on Feb., 10th, 2016.
2. The merchandise has been delivered electronically immediately upon payment and successfully received by the Buyer.
3. The digital merchandise has been received and activated (the license key) by the Buyer on two their computers:
• xxxx@.com, PFj6bnvcdrt, 6815, 188.8.131.52) 2016-03-01 12:06
• xxxx@.com,K*nhuKA=, 6815, 184.108.40.206) 2016-03-01 12:40
4. The IP address (220.127.116.11 of the activating computer is identical to the IP address from which the Buyer has paid and the merchandise has been downloaded and activated.
5. The above definitely confirms and proves that:
a) The delivery was successful and on-time
b) There were no missing parts
c) The purchased digital merchandise was not internally damaged
d) The purchased digital merchandise has been delivered to the Buyer fitting exactly the merchandise's category as advertised on the website where the Buyer has paid for the digital merchandise.
6. Zinstall Return Policy does not allow returning of digital intangible merchandise, which has been successfully delivered electronically - all the more when it was already successfully received, activated and actually used (no matter satisfactory or not).
7. The Single Consumer's license Terms and Conditions as well as the Return Policy are explicitly advertised on every page of the website where the Buyer has paid for the subject matter merchandise.
8. Activating the software the Buyer digitally signed Single Consumer License Agreement (by clicking "I Agree" button) accepting the abovementioned Terms and Conditions.
The above shows that this refund request is inappropriate claim.
Indeed, on Mar., 2nd the Buyer’s computer has notified merchant’s server that the transfer has been completed successfully:
User Time: 2016-03-02_11-04-52
Server UTC Time: 2016-03-02 17:04:54
Transfer Result: Successful
Furthermore, in their own email from Mar. 3rd the Buyer themselves has confirmed that digital merchandise has been received and activated (the license key) by the Buyer on their computer(s).
The buyer never applied to the merchant for any technical or other assistance.
All the documents and digital records (emails, signed license agreement, Servers Activation and Use Logs), which are referenced above, are kept on our servers and will be provided to the investigator upon their first request.
Accordingly, the refund request is inappropriate claim: attempt to request payback of the amount of money paid for the successfully received activated and used digital merchandise.
I hope we would not have to take legal actions from our side - which we will be forced to do, and will certainly do immediately, should the Buyer insist with this refund.
In this case we will be forced to classify the Buyer’s request as deceitful claim (the "Internet Fraud Attempt" alongside with "Crime Intention") acting to the full extent of the law with all respective legal consequences.
(850) 221-5423 Fax: (850) 221-5425
2121 Z Street,maintown, FL 32521