Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Zen vision m scam!!!!

by mcap56 / January 17, 2006 4:52 AM PST

I love the new zen vision. Sound and picture are the best. It is also easy to use. However, they have inserted a very annoying purchase this track option into the player when you call up the menu in the song screen. It is very easy to hit this button by accident. Someone please tell me how to disable this option before I return it for a refund. I am annoyed!!!!! It is also freezing on me quite a bit.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Zen vision m scam!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Zen vision m scam!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I wouldnt say its a scam....
by HeroZero / January 17, 2006 7:04 AM PST
In reply to: Zen vision m scam!!!!

thats a rather ugly word. I think they put the option there for people who have subscription services such as Yaoo Music or Napster so that they can have the option to also fully purchase a song- so it would remain on their player even if the subscription is stopped.
And the option is at the very bottom of the menu- I wouldnt say that it pops up and is highly annoying since you have to scroll all the way down to even see it.

Collapse -
Perhaps
by mcap56 / January 17, 2006 11:21 AM PST

Perhaps scam is a strong word. I was annoyed. Although you are correct, it is at the end of the menu, it is certainly easy enough to hit it by accident. Most people who use subscription services, use them precisely to avoid paying the per track fee. You can end up purchasing a track you own in your own CD library but didn't want to rip. Also, if if is there for my convenience, where is the option to remove it once it has been selected. It isn't there. The next time I sync, I will be purchasing a track I already own!!!

Marc

Collapse -
Nah....I wouldnt worry, I called CL tech support
by HeroZero / January 18, 2006 12:15 AM PST
In reply to: Perhaps

to ask them how it worked...they explained that for legal reasons, players that support album art have to have that option in their menu. Anyway, the guy said that at present the button doesnt do anything because they havent set the whole thing up yet....he said in the future it would work with certain services (he wouldnt say which)...he also assured me that when it is active, it would ask you to verify the purchase at the time of synching...

Collapse -
Thanks!!
by mcap56 / January 18, 2006 12:45 PM PST

Not sure why they didn't email this information. That helps a lot.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?