Samsung forum

General discussion

YP-T10 Problem

by TaperChuck / November 4, 2009 12:55 AM PST

Mr Samsung I need your help...

I bought a used YP-10JAB without a cable recently. I bought the cable and plugged it unto the USB port on my Windows XP computer.

When I did that the YP-T10 started to boot up, but froze halfway through the start-up... on the out of focus dots portion of the animation. I had to push the reset button to turn it off. I tried to plug it in many times, all with the same result.

Thinking there was a firmware problem... I found, on another forum a procedure using FWDN.exe and flashed it with SAMSUNG firmware 3.06.

Now, it boots up to the crayon background and displays the message "Please Upgrade RSC File."

Having read the procedure, I know that I have to load the RSC file onto the player and all will be well, but that is impossible at this point.

The problem is... my computers (I have tried two Windows XP machines)do not recognize the YP-T10 in My Computer or Windows Explorer. It's strange, because when I did the procedure the computer did the "Found New Hardware" thing. I pointed it to the files vtcdrv.sys and vtcdrv.inf. After that, the computer reported the device is connected, but it does not show up as a drive on my machine. I've tried it on two Windows XP machines.

I have watched in Windows Device Manager that when the player is connected and displaying the "Please Upgrade RSC File" message that the driver for the player disappears from the USB Serial Bus Controllers drop down.

From what I have described, can you tell me what's wrong? What could prevent the YP-T10 from showing up in My Computer even though the drivers are installed? Is there something I can do to make it work?

I look forward to your response,

TaperChuck

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: YP-T10 Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: YP-T10 Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
YP-T10 Problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 4, 2009 9:53 AM PST
In reply to: YP-T10 Problem

TaperChuck,

I'm looking into this. Do you have the full model number available?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Model Info
by TaperChuck / November 4, 2009 10:13 AM PST
In reply to: YP-T10 Problem

Yes, thank you very much for taking interest in my problem...

The sticker on the back says: YP-T10JAB/XXA

Is that the information that you need?

Taper Chuck

Collapse -
This Unit is the Worst!
by mojofigo / April 13, 2010 4:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Model Info

And Samsung customer service could give a rip about supporting their product.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?