Samsung forum

General discussion

Youtube Widget and PN50B650

Any one have any ideas on why my youtube video list will populate but i get a "video playback error" when ever i try to play ANY video on youtube.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Youtube Widget and PN50B650
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Youtube Widget and PN50B650
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Youtube Widget and PN50B650

In reply to: Youtube Widget and PN50B650

I tried to to ask the same question on the product Q&A section on the samsung site but no matter what i do it tells me that I must sign in first.
So gonna bump this one.
All my widgets work even yahoo video. My youtube lists populate but videos still get a video playback error. I have the latest firmware.
any ides?

Collapse -
Youtube Widget and UN55B8000

In reply to: Youtube Widget and PN50B650

I've got a Samsung UN55B8000 and am having the same problem. I connect to YouTube fine and am able to view the lists of videos and the descriptions of the videos, however, when attempting to actually play any videos I receive a "Video Playback Error". I upgraded the TV to the latest version of firmware ... same problem.

If, like me, this feature influenced your purchase of the TV, just be aware that it doesn't work. The picture is great but this was a feature that I was interested in specifically.

I bought the TV a few days ago and my first experience with Samsung tech support is that you will get a person on the line fairly quickly, however, they will just as quickly insist that any problems are with your service provider, YouTube, etc.

I finally got to a Tier 2 guy who actually listened and understood the problem. He said he'd contact YouTube to make them aware of the problem and get back if he found anything out.

Collapse -
Widget Support

In reply to: Youtube Widget and UN55B8000

While not the only reason I bought this set it's internet connectivity including YouTube was a factor. The YouTube widget according to Samsung's site is a Samsung widget. So it should get supported by Saamsung. But alas in my experience it does not. Their websites Q&A feature is apparently broken as is their webmaster feed back to let them know of this problem. The Samsung techs in the CNET forums don't appear to support the widget either. As evidenced by no response to 2 threads on this same issue.
I spent 40 minutes on hold to Samsung support On the 8th but got disconnected and wasn't about to spend another 40 on hold. I left a 4.5 star review on this set on the Samsung site but the review even though it was 4.5 stars was rejected because i said the widgets didn't work and they didn't support them. What I am taking out of this experience is that 1 support is poor, 2 the reviews on their website are cherry picked and 3 I have 9 days left on Amazons return period and if I can't get some support then they'll be getting it back. There is no excuse for a company of this size to have such a poor support system. This is way too big an investment for such a low level of support.

Collapse -
Samsung TV Widget Support

In reply to: Widget Support

The widget clearly does not function at all. As far as I'm concerned, this is blatant false advertising. It's not like it's even partially functional. When I called tech support, their TVs aren't even networked to be able to test/verify my claim.

Samsung has undertaken a large advertising campaign this season to sell their TVs. There is going to be a lot of unhappy customers this Christmas season. It looks like I'm going to have to go to the trouble of returning my set back to Best Buy. That sucks.

Collapse -
YouTube widget

In reply to: Samsung TV Widget Support

My widget version is 0.1.30 and it's playing OK. There was an update to a couple of widgets this week - Twitter was one, YouTube could have been the other.

I think there's an option somewhere to reset the widgets to factory defaults, which might help.

Collapse -
YouTube Widget

In reply to: YouTube widget

Ok, here's the deal ...

I stopped by my local Best Buy and had them network the 46 inch model and verified that the YouTube widget worked with version 1012 of the firmware. So we upgraded to version 1016 which is the (latest) version I am running, and verified that it worked as well. At that point, the only difference was that I was running the wireless dongle and they were hardwired.

I came home and tested with a wired connection and verified that it works. So, despite the fact that I have three bars of wireless signal at the location of the TV, and despite seeing successful communication with YouTube (lists of videos, video descriptions, etc.), the widget apparently does some kind of bandwidth/throughput check (?) and gives a video playback error if it determines there is insufficient throughput. Samsung? Verify?

Kind of sucks. I don't have a hardwired solution to the TV location. I'll have to look into running a cable to the location, boosting the wireless signal, running Ethernet over the power line, etc.

Collapse -
Works now

In reply to: YouTube Widget

After your post i changed my 4 port bridge to a single port that i had and it works for me now too.. thx for that suggestion BTW my bridge is a LinkSys wet 610n

Collapse -
youtube widget of ps50b650

In reply to: Works now

I have the same problem. All of widget work well except youtube. I cannot connect to youtube server and play movie while I can do a month ago. My TV is PS50B650 and I am in MidleEast. None of SAMSUNG Tech could not help me. I think there is no problem from TV. The problem related to Connected TV of yahoo server but SAMSUNG do not care about that.

Collapse -
Change menu language

In reply to: youtube widget of ps50b650

I had the same problem with the widget, but for some reason I switched the menu language back to English and then it worked...

Collapse -
15 foot HDMI cable solves the problem

In reply to: Change menu language

Buy a 15' HDMI cable. Problem solved.

Collapse -
(NT) Oops. Wrong thread!

In reply to: 15 foot HDMI cable solves the problem

Collapse -
Sorry, wrong conclusion

In reply to: Change menu language

It seems that the change of menu language was not a foolproof solution. Now the videos gives the same error again, regardles of the menu language... Perhaps it's an to short timeout while waiting for youtube...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.