General discussion

YouTube problem or Flash Problem or Neither?

I'm running Windows XP Firefox 3.6 and trying to fix a nagging problem.

I can't watch YouTube videos from pages that constantly refresh ads. Especially official channels that run Vevo. It does this with other websites as well. The page will constantly refresh if ads refresh. Certain objects on the page (such as music players) will also refresh on mouse over I'm not sure if this is a Flash problem or something else. This has been driving me crazy for months now.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: YouTube problem or Flash Problem or Neither?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: YouTube problem or Flash Problem or Neither?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Does the obvious workaround work?

That's using IE or Chrome or Opera to view YouTube. It's only one click away.

And how does Firefox behave in a new Windows user account without any add-ons installed?

Kees

- Collapse -
I Created

A new user profile and it seems to be working. Thanks again.

- Collapse -
Try this...

On a video other than from You Tube, right-click on the video and a box will come up. Choose "Settings" and uncheck the box that mentions "hardware accelleration". It should work then. However, my IE8 still has a problem with some videos through Yahoo. It might be their problem or the browser. They do work on Firefox.

CNET Forums

Forum Info