Samsung forum

General discussion

Youtube on BD-P1600 broke

by williamvee / November 13, 2010 7:59 PM PST

I'm watching my favorite soap opera every day using my Samsung Blue Ray P1600 player. All episodes before november 12 are playing fine, but episodes after that date won't play. My BD Player keeps displaying 'Connection' where the video is supposed to play and then nothing else happens.
I've noticed that it's not just my fave soap opera episodes, but *all* youtube movies created after november 12 that won't play. Older movies play fine.
I've installed the latest available firmware using the Net Update of the BD Player. The player is connected with a cable to the internet. Information about Youtube movies is displayed fine. I can see data being buffered for the movies. Everything seems to work fine, but the movies just won't start. Any help please?!

Thanks!

William

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Youtube on BD-P1600 broke
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Youtube on BD-P1600 broke
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BD-P1600 Youtube Problems
by wattfunk / November 15, 2010 7:26 AM PST

I am also having the same issue. It looks to me like it is loading about 30 seconds of the video and then it just stops. At first I thought it was my router but checked all the settings several times and everything seems fine. Netflix on the Wii works fine through the same wireless connection. Any thoughts anyone?

funk

Collapse -
Me too
by cwbyflyer / November 17, 2010 4:38 AM PST

Same problem here with a BD-C5500 using the latest firmware. It seems that any video created after November 12th won't load past the first 30 seconds.

Collapse -
Youtube broke again on Blu-Ray BD-P1600
by williamvee / January 19, 2011 6:02 PM PST

I've been able to watch youtube movies again as of January, but yesterday the problem came back again!
This movie won't play on my BD-P1600:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09pFZBUrHps

Is it the advertisements? Can anyone from Samsung reply please? I also mailed Samsung in the Netherlands, but did not get any reply! At least Samsung could tell me if anyone is working on the problem.. I'm not the only customer with this problem.. See http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-505513.html

Collapse -
Youtube broke again on Blu-Ray BD-P1600
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 20, 2011 10:40 AM PST

williamvee,

The YouTube App can place restrictions on movies by title, region or even by the uploader's privacy preferences. I've noticed lately that some YouTube videos are disabled for streaming on different sites (such as Facebook), and those options may carry over into the App.

The symptom isn't something that Samsung can "fix" since we don't own the App, although I'd be happy to bring it to the attention of the appropriate department.

--HDTech

Collapse -
samsung p1600 youtube problem
by djpaviani / February 20, 2011 12:48 AM PST

Samsung HD Tech, I'm sorry, but this is very disapointing. I bought a Samsung blu-ray player wich promisses to access youtube and it doesn't work. I don't care who's responsible for the app. I am really very disapointed with the product because of this issue. The main reason for buying the P1600 was the youtube video playing. You relly should be looking on some way to fix this (or negotiate with who's responsible). The problem is happening on EVERY video released in the last 3-6 months. I can't believe that my only option will be to watch only the old videos (or buy other brand name bd-player, TV, cell phone...).

Collapse -
As you can imagine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2011 12:53 AM PST

As Youtube changes, all those machines that can't use the PC/Apple issued apps will start to fail. You might be learning first hand that maybe the internet on a TV is going to be frustrating to those that used the internet on a PC.

Remember that Youtube and others maintain the app even on other machines. This is why I write we should be careful about expecting it to work.
Bob

Collapse -
Youtube broke on Blu-Ray BD-P1600
by donghwi / February 21, 2011 3:58 AM PST

Hello Samsung HDTech,

If it is the YouTube App prpoblem, how come Browser in PC can play same Youtube video without any problem. The problem must be in Samsung device.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 24, 2011 4:45 PM PST

donghwi,

Or the YouTube App itself. YouTube writes the Apps, sets the limitations and restrictions. I've escalated it already, but I don't have any new information.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by williamvee / February 24, 2011 9:19 PM PST

I'm glad to see that Samsung's taking this problem seriously! I do agree with the people in this thread though: it doesn't seem to be a restriction on title, region or privacy preferences. We're talking about all videos uploaded in the last few months. Even videos in "most viewed" and "most discussed" won't play. And that's sadly very disappointing.

Anyway, thank's for escalating this support question. I hope Samsung finds a solution soon!

Collapse -
This is unacceptable
by vsachd / March 4, 2011 12:22 AM PST

I find this totally unacceptable. Even though App could have been written by YouTube, we paid our hard earned money to "SAMSUNG". Should we throw SAMSUNG player out of the window now? When we were buying SAMSUNG player, did they bother to tell us that this will not work in a few months from now? Simply saying that this is YouTube problem and we have escalated it (mind this has been going for MONTHS), isn't sufficient. Sorry!!!! We need a fix and SAMSUNG has to work with YouTube to get us a fix!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Any news on this?
by MissyCh1121 / April 20, 2013 4:13 PM PDT

I'm trying to play a purchased video from youtube on my BD-P1600. The free videos work fine, but the purchased ones give an error message stating, "URL cannot be found". What's the issue with this? I checked for any firmware updates, but there are none available. Why can't I watch these videos on my device?

Collapse -
A tip. Don't hide your new post.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2013 12:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Any news on this?

This is an old post but if you want the best replies, make a new post and supply all the model numbers.
Sadly the YouTube app appears to be from Google so my bet is you may get told to contact someone else.
Bob

Collapse -
BD-P1600 broke
by canadadave / March 4, 2011 7:06 AM PST

Hello William.. I had a similar problem with Youtube where I could see the Youtube files but when I clicked on one.. nothing happened!! I was using the newest firmware 2.13
The next day I logged in and there was a Firmware update available.. Version 2.15
I ran the firmware and viola!! it now works.

Good luck on this one !!

It's too bad Samsung can't get their act together. There are many..many dissatisfied customers on the 4 Samsung Forums that I'm a member.

bye4now

dave from Toronto

Collapse -
Looks like it's working!
by williamvee / March 5, 2011 6:03 AM PST
In reply to: BD-P1600 broke

Just tested with one video from march 4th. Seems to be working fine! Thank you Samsung!

Like CanadaDave said: install firmware 2.15.

Collapse -
Latest update finaly fixed the problem
by djpaviani / March 9, 2011 10:44 PM PST

Last weekend I turned on my P1600 and it asked for update. After done it, the videos are playing normally now.
Samsung, thanks for your attention on the issue.

Collapse -
my blu ray not playing stuff on youtube
by teemenaurora / March 24, 2011 2:59 PM PDT

any solution yet having same problem

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.