The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

YouTube blocked in Brazil.... NOT!

I sent an e-mail to TMV about it, and I think I should share with the rest of BuzzTown. I can garantee you that YouTube is not blocked down here...
In fact the latest news about Daniella Cicarelli vs YouTube case is that she wants her videos blocked and removed from the site, not that they are going to SHUTDOWN and BLOCK the site on the country.

My e-mail:
---
Hey TMV,

On the special sunday podcast you mentioned that YouTube was blocked down here.
As you all know I live down here with the monkeys and the apes, and I can garantee you that YouTube is not blocked.
BTW, I spent a good 40 minutes of my day looking for some soccer plays on YouTube (you know, those guys that V never heard about kicking a ball)...

Bye bye

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: YouTube blocked in Brazil.... NOT!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: YouTube blocked in Brazil.... NOT!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nice to hear

In reply to: YouTube blocked in Brazil.... NOT!

Ok, That's nice to hear.

But, how did the video get there in the first place?
She should sue the one who put it up there, not YouTube. I mean, who owns the copyright to that movie? ^^

And eliminating it from YouTube won't make any difference. Once on the web, always on the web. YouTube isn't like the only video-site in the world.

Collapse -
Quick update

I also e-mailed TMW about this. And since I posted here my first e-mail I thought I should post the other one.

---
Hey BuzzChiefs,

Yesterday you mentioned that YouTube was blocked in Brazil, just when I heard that I e-mailed you saying that the site is not blocked.

So, today I was reading some news and it's saying that the brazilian justice ordered brazilian web providers to block YouTube. Right now, my web provider is not blocking YouTube and that's why I can access it.

The only webprovider blocking YouTube right now is Brazil Telecom, and if I know the brazilians well, just a few others have will block it.

That's my 2 cents for now, take care Wink

Collapse -
youtube is partially blocked

In reply to: Quick update

"brasil telecom" ISP has blocked access to youtube for its users

Collapse -
another ISP has blocked youtube!

In reply to: youtube is partially blocked

Collapse -
Breaking News from Brazil

I e-mailed TMV twice today about this stupid lame case. Daniela Cicarelli vs YouTube. Hopefully this will be the last one.

BTW. V, you mentioned that you didn't know she was that powerful. Well she's not. She's just another lame model that didn't get a international job, but hey at least the brazilian press, and some of the internationl press had something to talk about her this week.

---
Hello Trio,

Well on my last e-mail. I said that the brazilian users are using Google Video to upload the banned videos from Daniela Cicarelli, and that they are using another web address to access the site: http://www.youtube.com.nyud.net:8090/

Today, at 13:24 (GMT -3, 7:24AM PST) the Court of Justice of S

Collapse -
yeah

In reply to: Breaking News from Brazil

i would send an email, but rodrigo has done the job very well...

youtube has been blocked for over 5 million users in brazil!
it's like 20% of our internet population...

i don't know if that is right, i don't think they have counted also telefonica's users...
so i would say 30% of brazilian internet population had youtube blocked for one or two days...

and i guess Molly said about boycotting the ISPs that have blocked the video... but people started a campaign boycotting Cicarelli!
no more watching any tv show she is in... or buying products with her name, or that she advertises...

and she is really not that powerful! but she's got big fame after dating ronaldo and marrying him, in a fake marriage in france... it was the marriage of the decade in brazil! (we really don't see press covering marriages here...)
but then, they broke up, and she was off the news... with her little fame, i don't even know if she is in mtv anymore...

and some images of the video were broadcasted in tvs, newspapers and so, i don't know why she bothers about youtube...

and about "ask your parents about it", it's really appropriate, since the video is so pg-13!

Collapse -
-

In reply to: yeah

sorry to post after my post, but here comes the "cicarelli boycotting" site that i have found!

http://www.boicoteacicarelli.com/

we have even a video making fun about how much Ronaldo payed every time he went on a "date" with her, in portuguese...
so it's like only me and Rodrigo can laugh... and people who speak portu

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.