HolidayBuyer's Guide

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Your sponsers ???

by wolfieffs / March 13, 2008 5:58 AM PDT

On the main page you have a sponsered link , Remove all Spyware - Free www.antispyware.com this is a rogue/ bogus application that you allow on your main page ??? directly underneath is www.pctools.com which removed 81 infections that the so called free antispyware put on in a goad to people purchasing it , its about time you bloody halfwits removed the crap , more likely you will remove my post even though 99% of people reading it will agree , what are you doing allowing this to happen , people come to your site for spyware free software and you have that on your front page , security , i doubt you understand the meaning of it , or are you just front men for the scam merchants ?????

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Your sponsers ???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Your sponsers ???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well
by Bob__B / March 13, 2008 8:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Your sponsers ???

I'm not part of the Inner Circle so here's a guess.
The ads/sponsors that cnet has on their pages is controlled by marketing.
Marketing does NOT clear an ad/sponsor through the forums.
When you get to the forums your at the bottom of the pecking order.
Sometimes the forums will pan the marketing types but has no control of them.

Does this Main Page? have a contact us or other type link where you can express your dissatisfaction with the ad/sponsor?

Front men?>>>>nope>>>>just a bunch of peons.

Collapse -
Thanks Bob!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / March 13, 2008 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Well

As you mention Bob the forums has no control over those sponsored ads and the forums are not affliated in any way with those sponsor.

In the past, I have brought up those tainted ads several times to the folks who overlook those them, but there is only so much they can do. As a few (which personally I think are too many) will always slip by them and as many sponsor ads that show up on our site, it is difficult to catch and weed them out. It's very unfortunate, but I really dislike those ads also as it makes our site look bad.
I can bark and have barked, but they can only do so much.

Bob FWIW it's worth we do have Help Center link on the every CNET footer, there you will be able to email our support team about those ads.

Thanks!
-Lee

Collapse -
Not Inner Circle Either But.....
by tobeach / March 13, 2008 6:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Your sponsers ???

I also have been shocked at such well recognized trouble makers showing here. Maybe marketing should hire & pay a few experts in this forum as
expert consultants!! At least they'd get paid for some work here!! LOL!

I give you the same advice I give elsewhere to all who will read:

"Arrrrrg, me hearty!! NEVER click on a sponsored link ANYWHERE for thar be crooks thar!!". Grin

Collapse -
No matter what .............
by wolfieffs / March 13, 2008 6:35 PM PDT

From your comments i see that you obviously give out good advice , bar the trouble makers bit ??? that said one has to fully understand that each and every day newcomers to the world of pc's come online , there are without doubt many that are wary of such ad's etc , there are others that are not , no matter which way you look at it , you can't defend allowing sponsers onto a front page ( or any page ) that sell bogus aka crap applications , there is no such excuse as we cant check them all , someone should be employed to do excactly that , sponsers pay fee's , employ someone to check them out , as for the so called we have so many sponsers thats b/s someone employed 9to5 5 days a week would sort it all in less than a few weeks , as for complaining about the sponser on the front page i sent in my own spyware horror story , all bets are off as to that being posted , as i mentioned the sponsers in my spyware horror story , " its on your front page you complete dipsticks !!! when all is said and done just join the crooks , crime does pay as does greed , honesty is a bygone word lost in the eon's of times gone by , *********** ********* , lol

Collapse -
a result
by wolfieffs / March 17, 2008 3:09 AM PDT

Thx to all those who replied to this thread , i hope other's take the time to voice there concerns about bogus programs , the offending link to the site has been removed , one up to the forum or maybe it was my spyware horror story lol , anyway to say that the cnet forum is not linked to cnet itself is plain daft , if thats the case re-name it lol !!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.