General discussion

your so called reviews of products

I have been looking for reviews on wireless video extenders. Frequent your site said there were reviews, but when I click of that to see what the reviewer said nothing happened. What good is that?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: your so called reviews of products
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: your so called reviews of products
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Could you give us an example?

We would certainly like to correct any issues that are causing conflicting information and/or broken links to be displayed on our site. If you would, please give us an example of where you see this issue occurring, including the URL of the page that incorrectly reflects the presence of a review as well as how you arrived at that page (via a site search, Google, etc). Once we have that information, we can look into the issue and work toward preventing recurrences in the future.

Thank you.
- cnet_dev

- Collapse -
your reviews not showing when you say you have them

I just went to your reviews page : http://reviews.cnet.com/1770-5_7-0.html?query=Iogear+GUW2015VKIT+Wireless+USB+to+VGA+Adapter+Kit&searchtype=products&tag=rb_content;overviewHead

and was told there that there are 41 reviews of the product (the Iogear) and when I click on reviews it tells me again that there are 41 reviews of the product, but then does nothihg to show me the actually reviews or the composite result even. I went to a couple other sites that had some reviews and was able to read the reviews.

- Collapse -
Yep, I agree
- Collapse -
That is the number of search results...

My apologies for the late reply; I did not see your follow-up earlier. Nevertheless, I wanted to clarify that "40 product review results" refers to the number of search results found based on the words you searched for. In other words, there are 40 products in the Reviews portion of CNET that matched the terms "Iogear GUW2015VKIT Wireless USB to VGA Adapter Kit." If you look through those results, you'll see that two have a CNET editor's review while nine have user reviews and, in the case of user-reviewed products, the number of reviews is noted along with the blue star rating.

It's also useful to note that you can actually produce better search results by limiting the terms used for your search. For instance, searching for just the model number (GUW2015VKIT) returns the exact product you're looking for which, unfortunately, has not been reviewed by either an editor or fellow users on CNET.

I hope that helps clarify the search results. Please let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

Regards.
- cnet_dev

CNET Forums

Forum Info