TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Your not ahead of the curve!!!!

by techfiend / February 5, 2006 1:22 PM PST

First let me iterate that when i say this I am talking about name brand merchandise, not the terrible cyberhome, axent or advent garbage. Typically a company has a research dept. that comes up with new pieces for its latest device it is implemented into its "high end" merchandise first to recoup research costs, it then moves down the line to all of its products...so when an early adopter pays 1500 for a sony DVD player(as one unfortunate poster stated), chances are it will be a standard part in the future. This is a typical business model from cars to health care prescriptions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Your not ahead of the curve!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Your not ahead of the curve!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Your not ahead of the curve!!!!
by jcrobso / February 6, 2006 2:42 AM PST

I try to stay off the bleeding edge of technology. john

Collapse -
what you can afford, and how you look at it
by sirroundsound / February 6, 2006 12:59 PM PST

While some of you have waited for the price to come down to 50.00, the early adopter that paid 1500.00 for their Sony DVD player has been watching DVD movies for the last 10 years. I spent many years being able to walk into the video store and never having trouble getting a new release on DVD, always a few copies around, there were only a small hand full of us in the area with players.
I recently heard a woman complain at the video store, all the movies are now DVD's, not VHS. She was mad, they had spent a couple of hundred dollars on a new VCR only a few years ago, and now felt she was being forced to buy a DVD player. Where has she been???

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!