The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Your dream apple product!

by spyguy8 / September 8, 2006 7:05 AM PDT

Post your dream apple product here! Perhaps you'll start your very own rumor!

Heres my idea:

THE WiiPod
Apple will partner with nitendo and create a handheld video game console with motion sensitive technology, a 5 inch screen, and a built in 80 Gig music player. It will play Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, new Wii style games, and several apple programs that allow you to connect to the internet, talk on the phone, and other great fetures. The complete system with two games will cost $199.99 and will come with everything you need.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Your dream apple product!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Your dream apple product!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A PC!!!
by robstak / September 8, 2006 8:56 AM PDT

ha flame!

Collapse -
midrange machine
by drivechevysordie / September 11, 2006 3:57 AM PDT
In reply to: A PC!!!

I would very much like a machine that's somewhere between iMac and Mac Pro. Here is the spec:

about half the size of Mac Pro
single Core 2 Duo CPU (speed comparable to iMac)
video card on a slot so it's customizable and upgradable
1GB ram (4GB max)
200GB to 300GB HD (2 internal hard drive bays)
Superdrive (1 optical drive bay)
3 firewire 400 and 1 800 ports (1 400 on front)
5 usb 2.0 ports (2 on front)
gigabit ethernet
wifi and bluetooth (maybe even 802.11n)
BYOKM (bring your own keyboard & mouse)

price tag of $999-$1199

I'm not talking about resurrecting the cube. I'm not interested in cutsy little thing. I'm talking about a practical mid to small form factor personal computer for someone who doesn't need all that Mac Pro firepower but still can get some work and play done yet want something that will last because it's upgradable.

Collapse -
True Home Theater Mac with 50" Apple Cinema Display
by robstak / September 11, 2006 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: midrange machine

Brag, brag, brag about front row, what a great 10 foot interface it has. Let's make it ultimately useful...

I want a full size mac with a tv tuner (make one) and PVR software integration into front row (prolly with a better remote :P) Throw in a wireless keyboard and mouse and we are go for launch at the next big mac convention... I mean it even makes sense with the opening of the movie store!!

Mac prides itself on its style and forward thinking. In my opinion this is the future of computing for the home user.

Plus this paves the way into bigger mac displays. And PC lover or not, the apple displays are GORGEOUS.

Come on Mad Dawg, make it happen! $1499-1999USD for the rig and $1999-2500USD for the display (i dunno 37/42/50"). Practical and possible. so why not so far?

I seriously don't understand why the idea isn't more popular. You can do away with your tivo and your slingbox; you can buy movies from guba on a whim.

Collapse -
iPod Video with WiFi Bridge to my TV
by MacHugger / September 8, 2006 9:39 AM PDT

With the introduction of the iPod Movie Store, I want to see an iPod video with a larger screen that will have built-in WiFi allowing me to stream those shiny new movies I just downloaded with iTMS directly to my entertainment center.

Apple made MP3 players blow up into a huge market because they provided a shampoo simple way to download tunes, place them on the iPod and start enjoying.

So what if we can download movies to our computer? Who really wants to watch movies on their computer when you have a big fat TV sitting there in front of your big fat couch.

Apple better make a product that makes watching those movies easy on my TV if the movies are at least 720 x 486 to begin with and hopefully, eventually HD resolution.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
Apple, just join tivo
by jazzyj1 / September 8, 2006 10:46 AM PDT

I say, let's go one better. Rather than having a WiFi device, let your computer stream the tv shows bought in iTunes directly to my Tivo and let me play them there.

Or, better yet, how about buying a program directly on the TiVo itself? Put the iTunes TV and Movie store directly on Tivo, and let me transfer back and forth between them

That's the way to go. I'm telling you, it'll happen. Just you wait and see.

Marc K.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) like an iPod DVR??
by secullip / September 11, 2006 12:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Apple, just join tivo
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) wow - now that sounds like a mighty fine product!
by shawnlin / September 8, 2006 9:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT)I guess we'll all find out on Sept.12th.
by spyguy8 / September 8, 2006 1:15 PM PDT
Collapse -
Your Dream apple Product
by kahoutek / September 9, 2006 6:53 AM PDT

I would have to say an Ipod and a phone together that is what I would like to see from Apple.

Collapse -
Dude, that's never gonna happen...
by skimike4 / October 26, 2007 2:03 AM PDT

What dream world are you living in? iPod? With a PHONE?! Yeah right. Everyone knows their core product is the mac mini, that thing gets way too much hype.

Collapse -
an OS that can use PC software...
by csliva11 / September 11, 2006 1:12 AM PDT

without having to install windows

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) oh yah, and a STANDARD two button mouse
by csliva11 / September 11, 2006 1:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You mean like the ones that ship with the desktops?
by rtemp / September 11, 2006 4:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) how bout the good old no-button mouse!
by spyguy8 / September 11, 2006 9:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Any of their existing products, free.
by djcoty / September 11, 2006 3:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
The Cube, reborn
by rtemp / September 11, 2006 5:01 AM PDT

I think that my title gets my point across easily. I just want another completely sexy design like the G4 Cube, just powered-up for today's needs and more reasonably priced.

Or another laptop design like the clamshell iBooks.

-Ryan

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?