Speakeasy forum

General discussion

You want fries with that

by JP Bill / September 7, 2010 5:58 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: You want fries with that
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: You want fries with that
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
As disgusting as this is
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 9, 2010 4:56 AM PDT

it is by far less disgusting than; Manual on how to molest a child.

I challenge anyone to disagree.

The post above in itself is not offensive and in fact JP clearly indicates his own distaste of the article. Why post it? Personally I wouldn't have, but it is a macabre human interest post.

This post has now been alerted twice, and yet we have received no offensive post alerts on the other post, on which there is a full discussion.

I did consider this thread very carefully. I find the article disgusting and disturbing and was poised to delete it. But while it has not attracted any replies, I don't find the post itself offensive.

I am, of course, tracking this thread, and will review it's status. But as I said, if we can discuss child molesting in the thread I linked to above without it being reported as offensive, then I see no reason why this one should be deleted.

Mark

Collapse -
one is disgusting
by jonah jones / September 9, 2010 5:07 AM PDT

the other was a stroke of genius publicity stunt

Collapse -
Do you think there is a chance
by Mike_Hanks / September 9, 2010 8:28 AM PDT

that there are few alerts because of the reactions of the moderators?
What's the point if they get ignored and branded and embarrassed in public?

Something to think about.
One moderator berated and insulted a member about "being unable to laugh at himself".

How about just the slightest introspective look at the current 7 + moderators here. (and do be honest)

Collapse -
a self defeating argument?
by jonah jones / September 9, 2010 12:01 PM PDT

#Do you think there is a chance that there are few
alerts because of the reactions of the moderators?#

in this thread there were alerts so a mod intervened/explained
in the other thread there were no alerts, ergo,,,,,,,,,,

Collapse -
Do I think there's a chance?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 9, 2010 8:04 PM PDT

No.

I can say little else because I don't understand what you are saying.

Mark

Collapse -
Seriously?
by EdHannigan / September 10, 2010 8:33 AM PDT

Short memory.

Collapse -
That's what I thought
by Mike_Hanks / September 10, 2010 10:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Seriously?

Down the memory hole

Collapse -
You miss my point
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 10, 2010 9:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Seriously?

I didn't, (and still don't), understand what he is saying.

May be if he used words of one syllable easy for a 5 year old to understand I would do better.

"Do you think there is a chance that there are few alerts because of the reactions of the moderators?"

No. My own post explained why this thread had not been deleted, even though a couple of alerts had been sent, because it was a human interest post, and because a thread with, in my view, a far more disgusting and disturbing subject, had not been alerted on, and was currently being discussed.

"What's the point if they get ignored and branded and embarrassed in public?"

The alerts on this thread have not been ignored. Genuine alerts will not be ignored, but may not always have action taken.

"One moderator berated and insulted a member about "being unable to laugh at himself"."

Ohh well.

"How about just the slightest introspective look at the current 7 + moderators here. (and do be honest)"

Introspective; "given to examining own sensory and perceptual experiences"

Yep. I see, I feel, I hear, (badly), I taste, I smell, (er....). I perceive. Being honest there.

7 + Moderators here. Currently 5 Moderators here in SE, but hey, who's counting.

There. I did it!

Mark

Collapse -
He was talking about another thread...
by EdHannigan / September 10, 2010 10:08 PM PDT
In reply to: You miss my point

Which was basically an attack on me by a Mod. Another Mod chimed in to pile on. I can't believe you missed it.

Whatever.

Collapse -
(NT) I could dumb it down for a 5 year old
by Mike_Hanks / September 10, 2010 10:30 PM PDT
Collapse -
No need
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 11, 2010 5:38 AM PDT

I managed in the end. I got my 7 yr old nephew to help.

Collapse -
Not so much that I missed it
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 11, 2010 5:40 AM PDT

Just that it was irrelevant to my post.

Mark

Collapse -
You think only the moderators here
by Roger NC / September 10, 2010 8:02 AM PDT

need an introspective look?

No surprise at that, but I'm sure you're not surprised I disagree.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?