The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

You guys can talk about something other than Apple/Google

Let's talk about how sorry Vista is. Or how we have not seen a killer PC product in 10 years. Why don't you go a month without talking about Apple or Google. Then you can cut your podcast down to the determinable lenght of 5 minutes. Just think of all the bandwidth that you will save.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: You guys can talk about something other than Apple/Google
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: You guys can talk about something other than Apple/Google
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
problem with that logic

In reply to: You guys can talk about something other than Apple/Google

Problem with that logic, is everything in the computer world isnt about a Single new breakthrough product.

There are new processors, motherboard setups, cooling systems, video cards etc etc etc etc that come out EVERY DAY.

there isnt a PC equivalent unless Microsoft decided to build a phone that was worth a crap. I own three of the windows mobile phones and i hate them all.

An operating system is just that. An OS. That is about the BIGGEST news will get in the PC world that people would care to talk about. Or maybe the next big game or whatever.

It all boils down to, there are not any big revelations going on that normal mediocre people would like to hear about.

That is why BOL talks about the things people WANT to hear about. Majority wins, not the minority.

Collapse -
I Like AmiPro

Sure it's spell checking sucks compared to everone else but they were the best Windows word processor back in their day. That was what, 1991? While I'm on that topic I think Lotus Development, Ashton Tate, and Word Perfect Corp should have merged and issued an Office Suite and they should have got on the Windos and Unix Bandwagon. Yeah it's 20/20 hindsight but dominatinating Windows today and still being their own company while poised for linux would have been something.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.