General discussion

YIPES! Big White Google

All of a sudden I have a big white Google page on my desktop. There is no way for me to get rid of it. I can't move it. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks
Dell 8200
Win XP

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: YIPES! Big White Google
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: YIPES! Big White Google
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try this...

Right-click your desktop and select Properties. On the next window select the Desktop tab and click Customize Desktop. On the next window select the Web tab and delete anything listed. You can then set your own background image and OK your way out.

Hope this helps,
John

- Collapse -
Try this

Thanks John, I tried your suggestion but I didn't get very far. When I right clicked the desktop and then on properties I got a box that only said 'general' on the top, no other tabs. Any other suggestions. I know I can use system restore but I'd also like to know how to be rid of this problem in case it comes up again. Thanks.

- Collapse -
another suggestion

click start, control panel, appearancesand themes,change the desktop background.
scroll thru list of backgrounds, highlight your choice, clik apply,and ok. hope this helps.
rp10092

- Collapse -
Another suggestion

Thanks so much, that took care of it. I always know where to go when I have a problem.

CNET Forums