The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Yet another Post about the upgrades

by Dirty Pirate / November 9, 2006 4:11 PM PST

Hey BOL?ers

I have been following some of the feedback about the new forums upgrade. I am posting his as a new topic strictly because his may get caught in the noise in the other topics or just may not be seen, which is the point I am about to make.

My issue is that I am not to keen about the way the conversations are laid out. I do like how the original posting is put in the top, but the ways the responses are laid out. And if some one responds to one of the responses, it gets rendered in such a way that you could actually miss it. I know it gets highlighted in green and all that, but it can get missed. I wonder if anyone is having that bit of a challenge.

The lay out is flat, where the old lay out appeared more logical to me and would be indented and you could quickly identify what is a response to the original post and what would be a response to another response.

Is it me, or is this something that would fall into the web 2.0 area? I am not up on this so I could be way off base here.

Other then that I am very pleased with the upgrades. Better layout in the topics area, better server response time and thread count is better. All the little things in the background that many of us just don?t see or realize.

Anyways, thanks for reading/ I know there are better things to be chatting about.

-Dennis
Your Friendly Neighborhood Dirty Pirate Grin
Annoying One Post at a Time!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Yet another Post about the upgrades
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Yet another Post about the upgrades
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) I think I have some issues with the "T" , sorry.
by Dirty Pirate / November 9, 2006 4:13 PM PST
Collapse -
You can change your "Forum display" option...
by Owyn / November 9, 2006 8:14 PM PST

The "Forum display" control at top right can be switched between

Tree view - traditional, and I still use it for very long topics.

Threaded - my preferred layout

Flat - not really sure why it is available

The preference once set is sticky.

Collapse -
and Owyn for the win!
by Dirty Pirate / November 11, 2006 4:33 PM PST

Thanks! It works and I like it.
It was the only thing I didn't like about the new forums and now I like.

Cheers!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?