Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Yankees!! Red Sox!! This weekend is going to be explosive!

by Josh K / September 16, 2004 11:47 PM PDT

Unless Ivan disrupts the schedule (he's due up here tonight into tomorrow morning), this weekend and next are going to be great. Yankees & Red Sox in a showdown for the AL East title. It's going to be wild; it always is. Can't wait!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Yankees!! Red Sox!! This weekend is going to be explosive!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Yankees!! Red Sox!! This weekend is going to be explosive!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Vols! Gators! Titans! Colts!
by Angeline Booher / September 17, 2004 12:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Vols! Gators! Titans! Colts!
by Rolway / September 17, 2004 4:10 AM PDT

Hi Angeline;

You did'nt say which teams are yours, but I'm guessing its U. Tenn. and Titans. I'll put in a good word up stairs for them while I'm praying for the Red Sox. Happy

George

Collapse -
Good luck
by Dan McC / September 17, 2004 4:15 AM PDT

But god's a Yankees fan.

Wink

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: "Still, We Believe":)
by Rolway / September 17, 2004 4:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Good luck
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Isn't that the Met's old slogan?
by Dan McC / September 17, 2004 6:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
You're pushing your luck, George!
by Paul C / September 17, 2004 12:22 PM PDT

While there's no way I'd ever root against the Bosox, I'm miffed that you'd cheer for the evil, vile, despised Titans against the Colts.... Wink

Collapse -
Go Vols! Go Colts!
by Paul C / September 17, 2004 12:37 PM PDT

Hey, it fits: Peyton's past and present teams; besides, there's no way, IMO, that Indy can get to the division title without sweeping the Titans, not with the next 8 games: At TN, Green Bay, at Jacksonville, Raiders, Jacksonville, at Kansas City, Minnesota and at Texas.

This is the penalty for being good, I guess...

Collapse -
Re: Go Vols! Go Colts! ---- Go Vols! Thanks!
by Angeline Booher / September 19, 2004 12:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Go Vols! Go Colts!

Would you believe I fell asleep before seeing that 50 yard field goal?

Brown is supposed to be ready for today. IMO, he fills the spot vacated by George quite well. However, it all depends on how injury-prone he is.

Anderson has been at the practices. No word on who will be doing the kicking. We had a great one who succumbed to the injury list. Sad

I hope that neither team beats themselves today.

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Woo Hoo!
by Dan McC / September 17, 2004 1:27 AM PDT

At the very worst the Yankees end with a half game lead on Sunday night, but I think they'll pick up two wins this weekend. Weather permitting. It's the FOX game on Saturday, so figure them to play unless the world pretty much ends.

The Yanks are sending El Duque up the hill for the first game. He's been pitching pretty good, so I'm feeling good about tonight. Leiber's set for the second game so that will be quick, if nothing else.

OK, Josh. Here's the question: How many times will the benches clear? I'm guessing twice. Once in each of the last two games.

Is that bum Martinez scheduled to pitch?

Dan

Collapse -
Re: Woo Hoo! YEAH
by Rolway / September 17, 2004 1:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Woo Hoo!

If I may butt in here.

Last I heard Pedro will be pitching Sunday Dan. And I figure the Sox to take 2 out of 3. Wished Schilling was going to pitch. And Josh, it aint over yet.

George

Collapse -
Re: Woo Hoo! YEAH
by Josh K / September 17, 2004 1:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Woo Hoo! YEAH

Sure ain't and I'll grant you that the way the Yankees have been pitching, I'd say anything could happen. We could get the "lights out" Lieber or the "look out Bernie, here comes another one" Lieber.

The irony for the Yanks is that El Duque was still supposed to be in rehab assignments when they called him up because they needed him, and he's been their ace ever since. At least Mussina looked good the other night, finally.

This is gonna be fun!!!

Collapse -
Re: Woo Hoo!
by Josh K / September 17, 2004 1:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Woo Hoo!

Pedro is scheduled to pitch on Sunday. The way he's been pitching lately (especially against the Yankees), I'd say that game is as close to "in the bag" as I'd ever presume to declare. I watched part of the July 1 game on "Yankees Classics" last night -- the 13-inning game that included Jeter's dive into the stands. The starting pitchers that night were Pedro and Brad Halsey, the rookie. I don't know what the matchups are this weekend other than that Schilling won't be pitching.

Collapse -
Re: Pitchers Lineup
by Rolway / September 17, 2004 1:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Woo Hoo!

According to what I just Read.

Fri. Arroyo - Hernandez
Sat. Lowe - Lieber
Sun. Pedro - Mussina

Collapse -
Thanks George. In that case....
by Josh K / September 17, 2004 3:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Pitchers Lineup

...here are my predictions:

Game 1: Yanks
Game 2: Depends on which Lieber shows up
Game 3: Yanks and at least one batter "accidentally" hit by one of Pedro's pitches. For Pedro's sake I hope it's not Sheffield. Don't expect retaliation though; Mussina doesn't like to do that sort of thing.

Collapse -
Re: Thanks George. In that case....
by Dan McC / September 17, 2004 3:57 AM PDT

Mussina ought to drill the first couple of guys high. No one could accuse him of doing it on purpose, but no one would be digging in for the rest of the day, either. I've felt for years that Mussina and Rivera, and a few others, would be more effective if the didn't abandon the inside of the plate. I'm not saying they have to be as vicious and sociopathic as that bum Martinez, but keeping the batters on their toes is not a bad idea. It's hard enough to hit against Rivera now, how bad do you think it would be if you also had to worry about catching a 90+ MPH fastball in the ribs?

OK, maybe not.

I'm changing my prediction. One bench clearing on Saturday, and two on Sunday. The first in the 2nd inning when that bum Martinez hits someone on purpose. The second later in the game when he tries it again.

I hope no one gets hurt.

Dan

Collapse -
Re: Thanks George. In that case....
by Josh K / September 18, 2004 6:24 AM PDT

OK, so we were both a little off. Game 1 served as one of those occasional reminders that Mariano Rivera is, in fact, a human being.

Game 2, we got the good Lieber but even so, I never expected a 14-4 rout.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Collapse -
Re: Yep, that game was a real rout alright
by Rolway / September 19, 2004 12:27 AM PDT

On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the worst, I would call it a 12 Sad

Todays going to be different Josh. For one thing the suns out Happy and Pedro is at his best when the weather is cool.

Between the NASCAR 300 race in NH at 1pm, the Sox game at 1:30pm and the Pats at AZ at 4pm, I need 2 TVs going here.

George

Collapse -
Take the exit from rout 1 to the rout 2 express
by Dan McC / September 19, 2004 10:34 AM PDT

What are the wild card standings now?

Dan

Collapse -
Re: Yep, that game was a real rout alright
by Josh K / September 19, 2004 11:32 PM PDT

I guess this one was an 11. 11-1 that is Devil

That's all the razzing, I promise. You've been a real good sport all season so all I'll say is that the Yankees were bolstered by some solid starting pitching. About time, too!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?