HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

YANKEES!! RED SOX!! ALCS!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!

by Josh K / October 9, 2004 12:39 PM PDT

This will be even better than last year; I can feel it.

No brawls this time I hope.

GO YANKS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: YANKEES!! RED SOX!! ALCS!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: YANKEES!! RED SOX!! ALCS!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: YANKEES!! RED SOX!! ALCS!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!
by Rolway / October 9, 2004 11:37 PM PDT

Yep...I think its the first time in my life I ever rooted for the Yankees to win Josh. Actually, the win was given to them. But either way, as long as we get another whack at them its OK with me. I hope they can restrain themselves and behave.

We got you now Yanks, and we are going to whip your butts this time. Grin

George

Collapse -
by Josh K / October 11, 2004 10:10 AM PDT

Hi George:

Given to them? I dunno. A lot of teams would have seen themselves down 4 runs in the 8th inning, and knowing the other team's closer was coming in, just emotionally packed it in and given up. The Yanks play hard until that last out has been recorded.

I saw part of Curt Schilling's press conference today. I thought he was very gracious. At one point he said that there's a reason you just can't picture guys like Jeter, Bernie, Posada or Rivera in any other uniform. They bring something to this team that very few teams are ever lucky enough to have.

Although we'll see Schilling pitch twice (games 1 and 5), I think this series will go down to the wire just like last year's. I'm looking forward to the games but not to the lack of sleep.

Collapse -
Re: What I meant Josh was...
by Rolway / October 11, 2004 10:24 AM PDT

if I remember right Jeter scored the tie breaking run on a wild pitch. In the end they won with that wild pitch as well as some good plays after. My memory is'nt too good, but I think thats what I saw.

Anyway, its going to be an exciting week coming up.

George

Collapse -
Re: What I meant Josh was...
by Josh K / October 11, 2004 11:51 AM PDT

Hi George:

I figured that's what you were referring to. My point (perhaps not worded very well) was that the game wouldn't have gone into extra innings in the first place if the Yanks hadn't come back from a 5-1 deficit to tie it in the 8th. A lot of other teams would have just folded. And I'm impressed that you saw it! I fell asleep after the 10th inning!

Collapse -
Talk about faulty memories!
by Josh K / October 11, 2004 11:35 PM PDT

That was an afternoon game, LOL. I had it confused with the other game that went extra innings. We taped the clinching game and watched it that evening, but the tape ran out in the bottom of the 8th, so we had to go to the computer to find out how it ended.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Yep, I agree Josh. The Yanks sure do fight back.
by Rolway / October 12, 2004 3:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
by Evie / October 10, 2004 12:03 AM PDT

My hubby had a hankering for ice cream last night and the Yanks were down 5-1. He didn't want to miss the game, but our chances looked pretty bleak at that point. So I said let's go, when we get back the Yankees will have tied it up. My hubby couldn't believe it when we got back and he looked at the TV -- score was 5-5 Grin

I thought Jave did pretty well last night despite the mistakes. The home plate ump was pretty inconsistent and that got the better of him on a few pitch counts.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yogi is a wise man. It AIN'T over till it's over!
by Josh K / October 11, 2004 10:05 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: ALCS!!!!! WOO HOO!!! -- And how bout those Stros!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / October 11, 2004 11:28 PM PDT

However, things aren't so rosy for the Cards series, even if we won the season series against tem. Who our starting pitchers will be is a real problem, as our two aces both pitched on three days rest Sunday and last night, and so aren't available until the weekend. Our #3 pitcher is that rookie from Galveston -- the question is whether to start him tomorrow on three days rest, or drop down to the rarely effective #4 for game 1 and wait with the #3 until Friday. That's what I'd do -- but I'm not the manager... As I may have mentioned previously, we lost two good starters during the season, one reason for that long losing stretch in mid-season.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
by Josh K / October 11, 2004 11:37 PM PDT

If the Astros do nothing else, they've performed a great public service by eliminating the Braves. The Cards are on fire this year. If they win the NLCS, I predict a 7-game world series no matter which team wins the ALCS.

Collapse -
The hubby and I are split on the Astros ...
by Evie / October 12, 2004 1:25 AM PDT

... and what that would mean if the Yanks met them in the World Series. It would be a very difficult thing to root against Andy Pettitte who was one of my favorite Yankees. Less so, but still some ambivalence for Roger who definitely grew on me over the years.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Then in some twisted way....
by Josh K / October 12, 2004 1:37 AM PDT

...you may be glad to know that Pettitte is on the DL and won't be pitching until sometime next season. I know what you mean though; he's one of my favorites too, a really good, decent man as well as a great clutch pitcher. Clemens pitching against the Yankees would feel a bit strange, even though he did it for 13 years in a Boston uniform.

Collapse -
by Rolway / October 12, 2004 3:48 AM PDT

Wish you luck with an Astros win Dave. Would love to see them match up with the Red Sox. Happy

George

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.